A

Anonymous

Okay, it's here! Heavy bugger to lug up three flights of stairs, even in three packages LOL. I'll be posting more pictures in a few days, I don't have the time right now to put it together. I promised myself that I wouldn't fuss with it until all my classwork for the week was done. Oh, and a shot of the view from my desk in the new addition to the house. I love looking out over the Oak trees.

Attachments

• 06 10 09 arrival.JPG
    06 10 09 arrival.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,969
  • 06 10 09 desktop.JPG
    06 10 09 desktop.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,972
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually don't start my build threads at least until the boxes are open.

Nice boxes. :P

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey":b7mbvsao said:
I usually don't start my build threads at least until the boxes are open.

Nice boxes. :P

Louey

PFFFFT! I just wanted people to see my new frou-frou curtains :P

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you building your own stand? If you are I would suggest making in bigger than 24x24 foot print. When I had my 24" cube I had space issues in the stand.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I'm not building it Waz, it came with one. I've had some issues with the lighting, I had to return it and am waiting for a replacement so I haven't done much as of yet other than water test the tank and put hte stand together :?

Attachments

• stand.JPG
    stand.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,800
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the delay. Always frustrating when things like this hold progress up. Still, that stand looks good!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tom, I also got a bunch of goodies in I ordered before I realized there was going to be a delay. I'll keep you in suspense until I move things and post up those pictures ;) . But, here's a few macro shots of my micro stars. I was moving rock around in the sump and stirred up some stuff which went into the main tank which clouded the water a bit. The detrious was apparently yummy as I've never seen the stars out (other than an arm or 3 sticking out of the rocks) with the lights on.

8O I have a lot of them in there.

Attachments

• 06 30 09 britt star3.JPG
    06 30 09 britt star3.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,806
  • 06 30 09 britt star2.JPG
    06 30 09 britt star2.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,796
  • 06 30 09 britt star4.JPG
    06 30 09 britt star4.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,792
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the little extras that come with owning a fish tank. Watching little guys like that is almost as much fun as watching the stuff we buy for the tank on purpose. Thanks for the pics. 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, finally got everything moved into the new tank. With my back being tweaked, I had to draft a helper for the heavy stuff but it still was a ton of work AND I had to make dinner as a bribe ;). I had extra sand lying around so I added a bit more to stabilize the rockwork and didn't rinse it very well so the tank is cloudy. But, all the rock and critters are transferred over. I found HUGE bristleworms 8O I mean like 10 inches stretched out in some of the rockwork. Got a handful of bristles finding them too-anybody remember how to get those out? I traded off the pistol shrimp and will be adding some fire shrimp cleaners when I'm sure the tank has settled.

So far the setup is okay, I'm not really happy with the flow and will be playing with that tomorrow once the silt settles and I can see things more clearly. The skimmer is already working, and seems easy to adjust. The corals aren't put in final position yet. I do like the look of the light! Nice blue cast to it. I ended up with 20 gallons of water and the rest rocks and sand.

Anyway, here's some pictures for Tom :wink:

Attachments

• full flash.jpg
    full flash.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,740
  • back of aq.jpg
    back of aq.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,741
  • empty halide on no room light.jpg
    empty halide on no room light.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,739
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last one for now, until the silt settles...MH only, no flash room lights off. Oh, and the nasty HOB filter is there just to try and help sift the silt ;) it'll be removed shortly.

Attachments

• full halide only.jpg
    full halide only.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,737
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, looking good! Like that stylish looking lighting fixture.

Your aquascaping is also looking good. Going to be real fun watching this take off, bit by bit. 8)

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good, I can't wait to see the pics once all that silt is gone.

Oh, and the nasty HOB filter is there just to try and help sift the silt it'll be removed shortly.

I figured that was the case because that rimless look is too freakin nice to have clutter up there. That tank seems like a real nice choice!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Turtle":28qaue35 said:
Yea, that tank is going to have great color to it. Looks good. :D

:D thanks! I do like the bluish tint that MH bulb has. I've just go to figure out how to photograph it properly now.

Attachments

• 07 15 09 gpe.jpg
    07 15 09 gpe.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,666
  • 07 15 09 fts.jpg
    07 15 09 fts.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,670
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are doing well, I ordered one of those new fancy JBJ LED refugium lights from Marine Depotlinky here, and added a new ball of chaeto. Love the LED setup, it is unbelievably bright and compact enough to work well in my tank. Still have a bunch of frags on the sand yet, I haven't had time to position them yet.

Tank params are stable, and the only real beef I have is the damn skimmer is the devil's own for microbubbles if the water isn't at the exact right height and if I don't stuff the outflow with filter floss. May have to make a change there eventually. I took a few snaps (for Tom of course), sorry about the bubbles but I had just fed and dosed with selcon which really makes that venturi skimmer nut up. I'm still experimenting with Corel and trying to get the pictures to not be so blue because of the color of the MH so bear with me.

Attachments

• 08 03 09 right high.jpg
    08 03 09 right high.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,607
  • 08 03 09 top shelf.jpg
    08 03 09 top shelf.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,604
  • 08 03 09 fts.jpg
    08 03 09 fts.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,645
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more...

Attachments

• 08 03 09 chalice.jpg
    08 03 09 chalice.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,586
  • 08 03 09 green hornet.jpg
    08 03 09 green hornet.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,590
  • 08 03 09 red acan.jpg
    08 03 09 red acan.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,629
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I'm starting to think that the way you can see everything in great detail is a real advantage of small tanks. That, and the fact that we may be about to buy a new house, means that my plans for my tank in Tokyo next year may have to be a bit smaller anyway...

Loving that last acan shot. 8)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: