A

Anonymous

Thanks Tom. I think once you keep a reef tank you always have the urge.

A

Anonymous

Garf Bonsai's are fast growing. I have one that's about a year old now and it is full colony. All grown from a little 1" single stick glued flat against a plug.

A

Anonymous

I definitely always have the urge. Also want to have a reef tank. :P

A

Anonymous

I was playing around with my camera last night. This is just shy of one month of growth (25 days if you want to be picky). Sorry for the crappy picture quality. I am still working out the new camera.

[rimg]http://wazzel.smugmug.com/Other-2/7Feb15/i-hWdPThZ/0/M/DSC_0035-M.jpg[/rimg]
[rimg]http://wazzel.smugmug.com/Other-2/7Feb15/i-gv9k5gR/0/M/DSC_0193-M.jpg[/rimg]

A

Anonymous

Currently in process of adding a 20L frag tank to my tank. I got the tank during the petco $1/gallon sale, and a stand from persmart on sale. The stand made a great place to put my junk in. My LFS drilled the tank for me. Need the get the pump so I can tie it in to the sump. Just going to use a submersible pump.

A

Anonymous

I got my 20L frag tank and storage stand finally set up. Just waiting on the light, should have it wednesday this week.

[rimg]http://wazzel.smugmug.com/Other-2/7Feb15/i-Xbk5MQs/0/M/image-M.jpg[/rimg]

A

Anonymous

As you can tell by the crap all over the place, I had just finished.

A

Anonymous

so are you going to be fragging regularly, or is this more of a quarantine for frags?

A

Anonymous

I am going to be fragging regularly. Right now I am working on starting secondary colonies so I am not constantly fragging from my display. I have also been getting zoanthids to supply to the 1 LFS that is local. He sells more zoas than anything else and can not keep up.

A

Anonymous

kewl - lemme know when you're ready to sell - as I said before, you have quite a few specimens that I'd like to aquire...

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the brief response yesterday, I was at the in-laws stuffing my face.

Are you wanting based on the pictures? I have never posted a list of what I have. Here is one from memory. Let me know what you are interested in and as they get big enough I can frag and save for you.

Myagi Tort
set to stun
Reverse sky parade
Pink birds nest
green slimmer
highlighter acro
blood red milli
wondermellon milli (red and green)
hulk milli
miss Scarlett
Hot pink milli
Garf Bonsi
Carmelita (orange milli)
Pineapple tree acro (teal)
Green Milli
X-mas Stag
Goonies (another teal-grey acro)
Mystic blue milli
Green efflo
Rainbow acro
aussi delicate
blueberry fields
gremlin turki
yellow milli
raspberry limeade hyanthicus
sunset milli
a yellow-green milli
green acro
orange monti setosa
orange cap
season's greetings cap
green w/purple rim cap
red planet
terra del feguo
strawberry shortcake
coolers turki
a rescue frag from the LFS, not sure what it is going to be. He had a Ca reactor malfunction and he wanted to see if I could save this frag for some reason. I got it for free and it is picking up. Started out with 4 or so polyps.

A

Anonymous

Now with light and frags.
[rimg]http://wazzel.smugmug.com/Other-2/7Feb15/i-wmqbqFP/0/M/image-M.jpg[/rimg]

A

Anonymous

Thanks Randy. Going to need another hydra 26 down the road. Planning on having one of everything in my tank on the large disk.

A

Anonymous

one of these days I'm going to view this thread from home, so I can see the pics...suffice it to say I'll take one of everything...lol. To be real tho, I'll prolly be wanting a bunch of the sps frags(GARF Bonsai is a definite fo sho) and I'll definitely have to pick out some of those purty polyps for my wife too(besides the Frogspawn and torch, they're her faves)
just lemme know what is ready when, and how much you want for them, and we can make arrangements for shipping n whatnot.

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":tp7isosr said:
No problem. I'll start you a pile.
kewl.
I think these new lights may be giving me the upper hand I really needed to get rid of that hair algae, now that I can all but delete the white light, yet use other spectrums of light..

A

Anonymous

budhaboy":1ie097u7 said:
Wazzel":1ie097u7 said:
kewl.
I think these new lights may be giving me the upper hand I really needed to get rid of that hair algae, now that I can all but delete the white light, yet use other spectrums of light..
That may not be a good idea. I know with the Hydras and radions white is one of the power channels. Cutting it down to much really deprives corals useable light.

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":3amgjq7n said:
budhaboy":3amgjq7n said:
Wazzel":3amgjq7n said:
kewl.
That may not be a good idea. I know with the Hydras and radions white is one of the power channels. Cutting it down to much really deprives corals useable light.
they're down but not off, and from what I have read, the most usable spectrums are blue, and deep reds(mid 400 and 600s respectively) - since setting up the lights, three sps corals have shown more growth then the previous 6 months combined(3 weeks now) - my tank looks between 15 and 20K

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: