• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I saw that. It is a about the same size as a 10 gal tank. I am kind of worried about going that small. On the last 60 I used a 10 gal tank and it would get totally full when I shut the pump off. I want some feeling of comfort.

A

Anonymous

After I thought about it, there is not a standard tank or sump I like. I put this together at lunch today and will send out for quotes tonight and as I get other vendoes reccomended. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Sump-L.jpg

A

Anonymous

Looks good to me, assuming you've thought through the dimensions of your skimmer and what not.

A

Anonymous

I did. Reefoctopus NWB-150 has a foot print of 12 x 8.5, suggested water level 6" to 7". Return pump PanWorld PW-40PX 3/4 NPT so I sized the hole for a 3/4" bulkhead. I got the bulkhead dims from an online catalog and will get the vendor to verify. I guessed on the top flange and will be the vendors to verify, same with the wall thickness.

Volume is 20 gal.

A

Anonymous

My tank is drilled for 1" drain so the 3" section will be more than enough for that.

A

Anonymous

Might as we'll add a probe rack. Doubt it would add more than $20 in cost and come in handy.

A

Anonymous

Are probes standard sizes? How many slots do you suggest?

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":3ioswtcy said:
Are probes standard sizes? How many slots do you suggest?

Yeah, I think so.

3 would probably be plenty. I currently only have PH and temp. I could see adding an ORP probe one day.

If they ever invented a CA and ALK probe I'd be in line to buy one on day one.

A

Anonymous

the ReefAngel controller has a pH, ORP, and Salinity Probe(ORP and Salinity are add-ons) and 3 ports for temp probes(these are smaller than the pH/ORP/Salinity probes)

A

Anonymous

I sent quote out last night to Synergry reef systems, e-shopps, and trigger systems. I asked them to add a 5 slot probe rack even tho it is not in the drawing.

Anyone else I should look at for a quote?

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":262jyjme said:
I sent quote out last night to Synergry reef systems, e-shopps, and trigger systems. I asked them to add a 5 slot probe rack even tho it is not in the drawing.

melevsreef? I know he used to build sumps and refugiums

A

Anonymous

Add melevsreef and my reef creations to the list. No numbers yet. e-shopps no bid saying they do not do custom work. Spoke with synergy on some details, but that is all I have to report.

A

Anonymous

budhaboy":25fjwega said:
Wazzel":25fjwega said:

He still does. I hope the price he quotes me is comparable to the ones on his site. We have gone back and forth on a few design issues already today. As long as he is not the most expensive I think I will shoot my business his way just because of the service so far.

Update. Marc had a fair price so he will get my sump work. Should have it in a few weeks.

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":27zb4o9z said:
budhaboy":27zb4o9z said:
Wazzel":27zb4o9z said:

He still does. I hope the price he quotes me is comparable to the ones on his site. We have gone back and forth on a few design issues already today. As long as he is not the most expensive I think I will shoot my business his way just because of the service so far.

Update. Marc had a fair price so he will get my sump work. Should have it in a few weeks.
awesome - Had I not found the RS-200 I have now at the price I did, my plan was to go with one of his units

A

Anonymous

budhaboy":28r2jd9j said:
Wazzel":28r2jd9j said:
budhaboy":28r2jd9j said:
Wazzel":28r2jd9j said:

awesome - Had I not found the RS-200 I have now at the price I did, my plan was to go with one of his units
Mine is going to be a lot like the modle S on his site with a few changes as follows.

Slightly larger 22 x 16 x 16
with top flange
5 slot probe rack
top off float bracket
drilled for 3/4" bulkhead
http://www.melevsreef.biz/catalog/sump-model-s

He told me it will be done in 4 weeks or less after I pay him, which will be this Friday when I get paid.

A

Anonymous

Wazzel":3t5yaz04 said:
Waiting sucks.
ha. tell me about it - I've had a hair algae problem for a while now, and I've been flat broke. got paid today...and of course my usual LFS hasnt opened back up yet. Only one other lfs in the area and I really dont want to give them my money...but I need a clean up crew(the only fatalities after my tank leak)

A

Anonymous

Since I got a few weeks before the sump comes in I have time to put the money away for the pump and light bracket.

A

Anonymous

Update!!!

Waiting still sucks.

Two more weeks give or take, until I get my sump. Marc said 4 weeks of less, and tomorrow makes 2 since I paid him. Probably going to order my pump next week so I can plumb it up when it gets here. Need a new set of filters too, will probably get that when the sump gets in.

PB&J yesterday, PB&B today no eating out for lunch. Saving for a reef tank takes commitment.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: