KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks guys & gals, I'm really enjoying building this!

Here's a quick pic of what it looks like with the vent placed in the side
P8140010.jpg

Need to get another coat of polyurathane on it before I go off to work...lights will be going in later today :)

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
nice upgrade! i have the same bristles. ive seen one thats over a foot long. ive decided to keep them in the tank. they dont really bother anything except the zoas which i put in the middle of their traffic zone.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks again guys & gals!!
And I didn't even break a nail!:flirt:
Just a simple canopy, didn't want to get fancy since the stand is a plain AGA oak one. The stain I used is a fairly good match for the color and I will post the exact shade, after I go upstairs and get the can..lol

JH..Didja think it was some kind of line when I said I wanted to see your workworking shop? lol... I'm probably the only female on my block who wants a biscuit cutter for Christmas..

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The canopy is 99% done. :)
I need to get the newly installed receptacle (for my chiller) moved as it's in the way of opening the canopy..maybe this weekend.
You'll see an awful amount of wires that need to be organized on the left side of the tank. I have 2 dedicated 20 amp circuits and 1 15amp circuit for the tank, just have to decide where I'm plugging what into (nice English...) The wiring inside of the canopy is nice & neat and all tacked/cable tied down.

My MH Aquamedic fixture hangs through the center of the canopy and I have added 4 T 5 lights in there. Currently there are 3 actinic and 1 daylight bulb. I hooked up the 2 fans and the moonlights.
The one pic of the FTS is only with the T5's on.
I just realized I forgot to put the reflectors on the lights... So, they'll be even brighter!

Since I run a mostly softie tank, I'm considering running my MH's (2 x 250w) every other day and the T5's on the other days since my electric bill is (gagging) slightly over 600 per month..argh... If anyone has tried this or has any idea whether it will be successful or not, I'd like to hear some input.
My corals are still all over the place, some are in my 33g Cube (along with my Mandarins) and the rest are in a holding tank, or on the sand bed.
I'll be rearranging things a little at a time and hope to have all in place by the end of the weekend..and then I'll just sit & stare at it... :approve:

P8150010.jpg

P8150012.jpg

P8150022.jpg

Thanks for looking !!
I'm lovin' it! :)

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
KAt, please tell me you are a professional carpenter. Cause if you are you make alot of money doing it. The work is perfect!

lol, not even close Chief. Another hobby of mine. You'd laugh if you saw the 3 decks in my backyard..I just like to build things :)

Thanks for looking & the well wishes folks!
More pics to come...

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Kathy wow...first time i checked this thread....I'm feeling your aquascaping....i like the island/open look....sorry about ur wrasse...i noticed your moonlights...are those the ones from Dr. Fostersmith....i was thinking about getting them but the white ones...what do u think about them so far...wud u suggest them...i havent done the mess cover yet..i started working on a small book shelf for my reef stuff and now i'm also doing my canopy.....but u tank looks great...good job

oh yeah guys i saw her backyard and WOW.....that was one cool thing to see.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: