House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Matt,

Congrats on the purchase and configuration - if I were to do it again, I would do exactly what you did only make it 2' longer - Sanjay's tank gave me serious envy and that external overflow really serves alot more purposes than just an overflow - you can put frags in there, acclimate bags etc. Stoked for you and can't wait to see that baby running.

House

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Matt,

Congrats on the purchase and configuration - if I were to do it again, I would do exactly what you did only make it 2' longer - Sanjay's tank gave me serious envy and that external overflow really serves alot more purposes than just an overflow - you can put frags in there, acclimate bags etc. Stoked for you and can't wait to see that baby running.

House

I think you are the person that told me to go with a 30" wide tank. I love the configuration. I can honestly say, that if I had designed a tank for the space I have, and money was no consideration I would have ended up with this exact same tank.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Good for you Matt, enjoy it! Wish I'd realized what time you all got over there, would have come & taken some pics of that slide down the steps :)

I wish I had pictures of that, but there was nobody to take a picture. It was the one the few times during the move when everbody was working.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The tank is going inwall in my basement. My basement was unfinished so this has required some remodling, which is still ongoing.

This is a picture of the wall where the tank is going to go before construction, and after.

tankwallbefore.jpg

tankwallduring.jpg

The wall is 10 foot long, and the tank is 6 foot long and will be centered left to right, and about 36 inches off of the ground. behind that wall is a room that measures roughly 8 foot by 10 foot. The first picture is before construction, then during and an inside shot of how it looks now. The room was only 5 foot wide before renovations.

tankroombefore.jpg

tankroomduring.jpg

tankroominside.jpg

As you can see, by increasing the width of the room it now has a window. There was a toilet in the room, which now becomes a floor drain. The cold water hook up will be used for the RO/DI and a slop sink.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So do I. That is the state of remodling at the moment, and my contractors went on hiatus for two weeks. They return this monday.

If I can find time, I will probably do the cut out for the tank this weekend. I was going to have the contractor do it, but I am neurotic and wanted it done my way. The only way to get something done your way is to do it yourself.

I also wasn't planning on even moving this quickly, the disaster that happned to my 65g (fire, a fire extinguisher, 911 and fireman) and finding the perfect tank have forced me to move a little quicker.

The last full tank shot of my old 65 before disaster and then after.

Display.jpg

Tank.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
We hope that she doesn't get over the fire incident as her unwarranted quilt makes it hard for her to say no when it comes to the tank!!!

lmao..I kinda figured that..keep the pace up before she comes to her senses..you KNOW that's going to happen at some point!

Be sure to have a nice space with counters for folding clothes for the washer & dryer..sure to score points!:flirt:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: