meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Thanks to Cali-Reef and HAVIC as well as my friends Mike, Andres and Maurice who helped me pick up my new tank on Sunday. It was made by Miracles and is 72 long x 30 wide x 24 tall, with another 6 inches on the width for external overflows. Starphire on 3 sides. Sorry about the pics, I only had my phone with me.

tank_980010.jpg

Cali was a great help, letting me bounce ideas off of him for the last week, then basicly telling me how we were going to move it. He put together this ramp, so we where able to slide it down the previous owners stoop.

rampup.jpg

rampdown.jpg

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
he was trying to sell this for eight months... thats why I paid so little. (Not even close to $2500...you cann't even see $2500 from where I was standing when I handed him over the cash)

The ramps where made out of 2x4s that where then coverd with carpet to help the tank slide easier, and not get scratched.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Wow where you going to put that big sucker? I remember your room not being that big for it. Cant wait to see that tank up and running. Good luck with your new setup. :)

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
he was trying to sell this for eight months... thats why I paid so little. (Not even close to $2500...you cann't even see $2500 from where I was standing when I handed him over the cash)

I was very tempted on his last asking price of 40% less :spin:
But the external 55" overflow didn't quite work well since it would be against a wall for me. Great tank for an inwall setup!

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Well the tank looks great and I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Makes me want a 30 "deep tank :)

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Well the tank looks great and I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Makes me want a 30 "deep tank :)

the 30" is really nice, I was looking at standard 180s wich are 24" across and that extra 6" really adds alot to the tank. The other great thing is that there is no overflow box inside the tank wich takes away from your usuable space.

I hoping that with this tank, I wont be afraid to add fish. I was always afraid they would get to big, or not really have enough space.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yeah I have a 180 which is plenty big in the dinnningroom but yours looks great. I also like how you have the external overflow so much more room.

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That tank is still too small. ;)

If you want to help move it again.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing, and I don't even have it in my house yet. I have to stop reading the large tank forum on RC, it can give you a complex.

What did Jaybird say he was getting, 800g?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: