Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Did some water testing today and this are my results:
Po4: 0.077
No3: 7 ppm
Alk: 7.5 dkh
Cal: 450
Mag: 1420

Tank currently has no fish and no corals, started to show some brown algae spots.
3ef68e81971d2c768225bdd466acc57f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

krlvin5792

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just checked your post ! U doing a great work with this stand and canopy ! Just for the advice of the skimmer you should get the octopus skimmer for your 120g tank , I think Eshop not enough for your tank and I m using octopus regal s120 it’s work great in my 100 gal mix reef tank . And I suggested you add the aqua uv light !

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
just checked your post ! U doing a great work with this stand and canopy ! Just for the advice of the skimmer you should get the octopus skimmer for your 120g tank , I think Eshop not enough for your tank and I m using octopus regal s120 it’s work great in my 100 gal mix reef tank . And I suggested you add the aqua uv light !
Thanks a lot for your advice, upgrading my skimmer and adding a UV sterilizer are part of my plans, by the way your tank is amazing.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Thanks a lot for your advice, upgrading my skimmer and adding a UV sterilizer are part of my plans, by the way your tank is amazing.

I hope , i will be ready to frag ( free ) but i just restart lol,
UV is good , but may increase the light PAR , may bleach some sensitive corals, kill lots of stuff , include good bacteria, i got two of 150W each, i use just in case of Dino, NO need to use 24 hrs, , in special if is NO issue. Make water clear, but kill lots of GOOD stuff, put to sleep for now.

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I hope , i will be ready to frag ( free ) but i just restart lol,
UV is good , but may increase the light PAR , may bleach some sensitive corals, kill lots of stuff , include good bacteria, i got two of 150W each, i use just in case of Dino, NO need to use 24 hrs, , in special if is NO issue. Make water clear, but kill lots of GOOD stuff, put to sleep for now.
Glad you are back buddy and yes, you better grow those frags cause you owe me, lol.
Didn't have the chance to get one of your many WD frags.
Actually wish I had some frags to help you too......hopefully someday buddy.
Thanks a lot for your advice and keep us posted with your tank progress.

Last edited:

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BROOOOO THAT GREEN HAMMERS IS AMAZING
Thanks.
Yeah, for some reason the coloration of this Hammers are different than the regular green ones. They are like green-yellowish and at blue light they looks kind of gold.

I used to have same Hammers in my previous tasks but had to get rid of them when I broke down my last tank, luckily enough my friend the person whom I originally got them from call my to offer some test frags and Hammers were one of them.
There are couple of bi-color heads in the colony I got.

Here is a picture of the original mother colony in his tank.
1b5fa9f94db8f7114ce26b30e1e0d57d.jpg

BryanD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks.
Yeah, for some reason the coloration of this Hammers are different than the regular green ones. They are like green-yellowish and at blue light they looks kind of gold.

I used to have same Hammers in my previous tasks but had to get rid of them when I broke down my last tank, luckily enough my friend the person whom I originally got them from call my to offer some test frags and Hammers were one of them.
There are couple of bi-color heads in the colony I got.

Here is a picture of the original mother colony in his tank.
1b5fa9f94db8f7114ce26b30e1e0d57d.jpg

That’s hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sickkk bro sickkk

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Wow, so mint setup, i feel embarrassed , i got only one excuse , my tank place is....Working shop, but you make me clean up the mess , next week lol.
Beautiful setup.

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Juan, we are overdue an update? :)
Hey buddy,
Not much to update, tank went thru a quick ugly stage and got son powdery bright green algae the only lasted a week.
Tank still has no fish since after the lost of my PB and Blonde Naso Tang and still 4 more weeks to go fishless.
I was supposed to go to my buddy Rachid (@Thatguy96) but sometimes came up and couldn't make it.
Planning on starting setting up my calcium Reactor soon.
The test corals I've got from my friend are doing really, growing and showing better coloration than when I got them.
This is the very 1st time I've seen an Acro frag coloring up in one of my tanks instead of loosing coloration, lol

Overall tank is doing very well so far and I'm very happy with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: