Candy Canes
120g_candycanes01.jpg

Duncanopsammia
120g_duncan01.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Go you Dean!! Nice looking cover :)
I see you used the aluminum instead of the acrylic...looks nice. You'll want to wipe them down daily, I found the aluminum gets pitted from the SW. Not sure if there is something you can clear-coat them with to stop the pitting.
Just one other thought..when I used the eggcrate along the back edge of my 75 (when I had the OFB), I used cable ties to place a piece of the heavy 'mesh' style of gutter guard under it as some fish (like my Royal Gramma) could fit through the eggcrate..diagonally.

Why didn't I do a swap with you for that moon coral....:banghead:
Tank looks great!!!!!!

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Hey Dean i dont know what pitting is but if you wrap the aluminum screen frame in electrical tape then the saltwater will stay off of it and not cause pitting(whatever it is....) :lol2: Just an idea i used when i had a metal screen frame.....

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Hey Dean i dont know what pitting is but if you wrap the aluminum screen frame in electrical tape then the saltwater will stay off of it and not cause pitting(whatever it is....) :lol2: Just an idea i used when i had a metal screen frame.....

Pitting= When the saltwater drops eat away at the metal, giving little marks. Not Rust, the salt eats the aluminum

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: