• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
:lol: I think the people who wrote the articles are experienced!

I had one, actually several kinds, they never lasted long. in my tank volume their deaths did not have an impact on the water quality, in a nano, which is what people are getting at, the tank will be in for a world of hurt.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
I have one question to ask, how many of you actually have owned and cared for a Tiger Tail Cucumber in your Aquarium because I can be a master of the copy and past as well in a Google search? Experience speaks more!

Experience can definately speak louder than copying and pasting, but I'm pretty sure the people that wrote the linked articles have some type of experience with these animals. Now you say it's exhibiting normal behavior, how much experience have you had the animal to know this is "normal" behavior?

Jasonanatal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Moderators, consider this a request to close all my threads on your forum and delete my account! I have never been apart of an online community such as this one which has had such closed minded individuals (mostly moderators) I'll keep my post on other forums. Have a good day everyone.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Moderators, consider this a request to close all my threads on your forum and delete my account! I have never been apart of an online community such as this one which has had such closed minded individuals (mostly moderators) I'll keep my post on other forums. Have a good day everyone.

how is linking to information pertaining to the livestock in your tank being closed minded??

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I have one question to ask, how many of you actually have owned and cared for a Tiger Tail Cucumber in your Aquarium

A healthy tiger tail cucumber grows too large for my 120g. The benefits of it eating detritus in my aquarium would not outweigh the lives of my corals and fish.

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0

Did you expect to post things and not have people comment on them? I don't know but maybe you just thought it would only be good comments.

You need to realize if people have questions or issues they're going to make comments. If you post certain things as facts you're going to need to be able to back them up. Believe it or not in the end it may actually help you and others who are viewing your thread.

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Jason, welcome to the world of online forums!! Thats the whole idea of places like MR, you put yourself out there for anyone on the internet to respond. I think that the moderators of this site are some of the best ive seen on any site and its not an easy job. In reading what you and the moderators have posted, I dont think there is any reason to get bent out of shape about anything that they said. If anything they werre trying to help you and anyone else that decides to keep that animal. There are many "shouldnt do's" in this hobby, but has that stopped anyone from doing them? Look at your nano that is a perfect example.....as close as 3 years ago people were told bigger is better and even anything under 55 gal cant be done as a reef. If people didnt try and do smaller systems we wouldnt even have a thread like yours. Hell ive seen 12 gal reefs. I feel you need to take a deep breath step back and read with an open mind. No one was attacking you they were just offering opinions and thats exactly what they were opinions.

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
think about how your going to leave over a cucumber...:biggrin:

no one trying to bash you...do what you want...and just say thanks for the info...i personally wud like to see a nice yellow tang in that tank..

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ive had mine for 6 months and have not seen the azz of it since i put it in the tank, it live's in a cave of rocks i have and have never seen it come out, and after reading what could happen if it die's, think i will be pulling it out and taking it to the pet store

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Jason, I see why your frustrated but do us all a favor and take a deep breath a stick around, because this is a great thread and a great nano. I couldnt imagine you didnt research what you purchase, seeing how much thought you put into every detail of your tank and thread. I recently bought a sand sifting starfish which is blacklisted for alot of the same reasons as the cucumber, and received a similar reaction although annoying I think the intent is ultimately for the best. Try and see through the critiques and ignore them if they are unfounded after assesing them for accuaracy. If they are not valid and your best knowledge tells you that the animal and your tank are fine, then keep doing what you do

Either way good luck and thanks for the great pictures and information.

Last edited:

Jasonanatal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Jasonanatal's 28 gallon JBJ Nano Cube HQI Reef Aquarium Update.

Why Buy One When you Can Get Two for Twice The Price!

Well first off to all the Father's out their Happy Father's Day! As this is my first Father's Day my wife wanted to do something special for me. Now I have a few hardware projects that I have planned down the road but I didn't have enough controllable outlets. So my wife decided that she would purchase a second Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper 2 for me. So me being the wonderful husband/father that I am I didn't deny the gift and began the setup of the new gadget.

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Now thats a cool gift !!! But why would need two ? Can't you get more outlets or is it that one could not control all the hardware ? Either way its nice to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: