Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonanatal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Reply to Steveo32 & Josh.

Now thats a cool gift !!! But why would need two ? Can't you get more outlets or is it that one could not control all the hardware ? Either way its nice to have.

Steveo32 & Josh, Well by default the Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper 2 comes with a module that controls 8 seperate channels (Digital Aquatics refers to outlets as channels). You can expand these channels by purchasing a Digital Aquatics Expansion Module that turns one outlet into two. But it not that simple. It does so by using two cables One the plugs directly into one of the 8 channels so that the two new channels are controlled simultaneously (the cannot be controlled individuall like the original 8) and the other that plus into a seperate outlet to transfer power to the unit. I needed more independantly controlled outlets. So my wife purchased the second Digital Aquatic Reefkeeper 2. I also wanted two pH Probes, one that could activily monitor the pH of the Aquarium and one that could actively monitor the pH from a future Calcium Reactor setup that I have planned.

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ok so it was the need to control more items. So if you ere to convert one outlet into two both units on that channel would run the same set time ? You would not be able to have it do two seperate functions correct ? For a nano you sure do have alot going on there lol.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The Rk2 comes with this expansion or at least the one I got from House did.. But it doesn't make the 1 plug turn in to 2... It simply extends the length of the plugs I have it... Don't use it though.... I will take a pic later on tonite after fishing..

Oh yeah Happy Daddy day to all the good Dad's...lol

Jasonanatal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Reply to Steveo32 & Bob 1000

Ok so it was the need to control more items. So if you ere to convert one outlet into two both units on that channel would run the same set time ? You would not be able to have it do two seperate functions correct ? For a nano you sure do have alot going on there lol.

Steveo32 & Bob 1000, The Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper 2 Expansion Module Turns 1 outlet on the main unit into two outlets. However, the module cannot control the two outlets seperate from each other. The module itself has two cords on it. The small cord tells the Digital Aquatics Expansion Module whether the channel it has been plugged into is on or off. The larger cord is meant to provide the power to the two outlets. According to Digital Aquatics their official response is that this cord should be plugged into a wall outlet or another power strip. If you don't have one available then you have to plug it into the Digital Reefkeeper 2 main module which as Bob 1000 stated then all you gain is extension in the distance and actually no extra outlets. They have actually corrected this design flaw in the new Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Elite.

IMG_0190.jpg

Photograph - Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper 2 Expansion Module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: