aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
Build up and transition..

Hey guys and gals, Always been wanting to post something like this and have my own thread to keep track of..

Plumbing has just arrived from Plumbingsupply.com I cant say enough about this place their prices are unbeatable and their service is flawless.
I was about to buy my plumbing parts from Marinedepot thinking they had every piece I would need so I wouldn't have to go anywhere else, but THIS SITE BLEW THEM OUT OF THE WATER! Saving me atleast 60-70$ in plumbing parts. Plumbingsupply.com IS THE PLACE to go to for all of your plumbing supply needs.
**So kind and thoughtful they even added a ziplock full of hard candies for me to enjoy while I plumb!!! :cool3:
:bunny:

Current Task:
Transitioning over from my current 120 to PEESHEE's 120, redo'ing all of the plumbing to hard PVC, and adding 50Lbs of Petsolution's Finest rock Kadavu Rock.

The process i'm hoping will take about this full weeks length. :lol2:

My Mess cluttering the entire front door way..
IMG_0396.jpg

Completion... :D
The front:
IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

The Back:
IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

Pretty much my intention was to plumb using hard PVC piping (this is my second time really plumbing :D) and make it as clean and as neat as possible. Lots of room from the front of the stand and easy access to all true union ball valves. I tried to reduce the amount of 90 degree elbows I used with 45 degree elbows to stop so much restricted flow. Did my best and i hope it works well..

Last edited:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
I did try savko on my current 120,,, but after their mishap... i wanted to go elsewhere, prices are just as good if not better

RETURN PUMP - Panworld 50px-x

Model Max Flow Max Head pressure Power
<table class="aquarium_table" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="" style="text-align: left; vertical-align: middle;">50PX-X</td><td class="" style="text-align: left; vertical-align: middle;"> 1110gph</td><td class="" style="text-align: left; vertical-align: middle;"> 13'</td><td class="" style="text-align: left; vertical-align: middle;"> 90W</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="aquarium_table" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="" style="text-align: left; vertical-align: middle;">
</td><td class="" style="text-align: left; vertical-align: middle;">
</td></tr></tbody></table>Here is my return plumbing I think its done.
I'm going to tinker with the drains, hard part is plumbing them using 90's decreasing flow to put into a berlin filtersock mount...

FULL pic + Descriptions
IMG_0397-1.jpg

Overview
IMG_0398.jpg

Second return plumbed
IMG_0399.jpg

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
**So kind and thoughtful they even added a ziplock full of hard candies for me to enjoy while I plumb!!! :cool3:

You sure Aaron?...those might be the connectors for the PVC...:joke:

I wish you the best of luck with the set up!! Seems we're all looking forward to this!! :)

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hey Aaron I wish you the best of luck.Looking forward to your pics.I know you will do a nice job.I think after seeing your tank set up you will be the reason I will push myself to finally get going on my bigger setup!It was good talking to you yesterday and next time I'm in the neighborhood I'll stop by

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
thank you all increasing the HYPE!!!!! YAY :) finally tank thread :hug:

Pictures are up (3rd post) of the return plumbing. thank you all for browsing :D

What do u guys think about the return? Any areas to make changes for greater flow?

Last edited:

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
Phase 1 - Plumbing - Completed!
Phase 2 - Move Tank / stand / hood paint and clean it out
Phase 3 - The move
Phase 4 - Aquascape / pictures

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Nice progress Aaron!
I'll guess that you are going to clean the skimmer first...

Are you going to do a test with fresh water to make sure you have no leaks?
Not easy to tell the order you took the pics but never a bad idea to run the test in case there is an area you forgot to glue, or where may have a small leak..best to find out now! :)

Good luck with the next step!!

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
thank you all for keeping up with my thread

thanks kathy - will try to test it before i run it, dont want all that water on the floor :D

thanks don, fred, leo, chris, =]:)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
aaron please, please, please test the plumbing before filling with saltwater.

trust me it's worth it if you find a leak ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: