jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
how about a mini SE luminarc and a 250W icecap ballast ?

I think the SPS will like the extra light.

I still vote for the vortech, but on a controller, no way the tank could handle a constant flow like that.

what about drilling it for a sump then getting daves BK 400 for it?
What happens when the skimmer holds more water than the tank?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Warren, I am a pod pimp:headache: I need a bigger tank:grumpy:

Kris, my tank is only some rock. Your's is wayyy better

Jon, a sump is out for sure on this tank. Too much work. I spoke to Kasei about the vortech and he said forget about it. It would probably be pretty hard to direct the flow so the corals don't get hammered.
I am going to go with 2 Tunze nano powerheads for flow. I hope it will be enough. If someone has a better idea please let me know.
I'm not going to mess with the lighting for a while. I'll see what the 150w does.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I am going to go with 2 Tunze nano powerheads for flow. I hope it will be enough. If someone has a better idea please let me know.

050211201.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
2 6025's would be all you need.

the loop is cool, but a pain, why mess with drilling the tank if it's just a temporary fix.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Update

So far I added 2 new Tunze nano 6025's, changed the skimmer to a Deltec MCE 600, and have a small amount of phosban running in the reactor. I have 3 SPS frags in the tank as "feeler" corals and so far they look good. Polyp extension in the day and night is very good. :tongueani

jan15tankpics007.jpg

jan15tankpics006.jpg

jan15tankpics008.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
cant wait to set my 30 gallon up :)... looks great rich. u think a 1100 genx pump running on a close loop and a vortech in a 30 cube will be to much :sgrin: :lol2:

what are you gonna be doing for dosing are you gonna have a doser.. i gotta figure out a way to keep the tubes up on the lip of the tank :scratch:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
cant wait to set my 30 gallon up :)... looks great rich. u think a 1100 genx pump running on a close loop and a vortech in a 30 cube will be to much :sgrin: :lol2:

Yes!

what are you gonna be doing for dosing are you gonna have a doser.. i gotta figure out a way to keep the tubes up on the lip of the tank :scratch:

I'm going to dose bionic manually and add some kalk to my top off.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Fred "DN" you are one strange dude:lol2:

Thanks Steve sent you a PM

Thanks Paul ;)

Noob, I never ran 150's before. I am going to try it out before I upgrade. What 150w bulb did you use, what 250 bulb and hood did you upgrade to?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Rich, took you what, a month or two to get back in? 'bout time...

I've got a ushio 10kk if you want to check it out. I'm putting ushio 14kk's on my tank.

How you liking the deltec? I've got the 500mc and it's okay. I shoulda went bigger.

B

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Hey Brett,

I couldn't stay away too long. I miss that coral smell. I would love to try the 10k ushio. I've only been running the Deltec for a day so I don't know yet. It's pretty quiet and makes a lot of bubbles :) We'll see what happens.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: