jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
This BB tank will be mostly SPS. I used some mixed live rock along with a few dead pieces of tonga branch. The idea behind the aquascape was to allow for plenty of flow while having lots of places to glue frags with room for growth. I want to make this tank grow! Just because it is small doesn't mean I have to have small corals :).

The tank was just setup today. The whole setup was purchased from Pnoyreefer. Right now I have an Aqua C remora skimmer, a phosban reactor (offline at the moment), Tunze nano power head and 2 MJ 900's for flow, 50w heater, 150w 14k Phoenix.

The changes I plan on making will start with a skimmer change. Probably going to get a Deltec MCE 600. I will probably add a controller for lighting + auto top off. I really don't want all these powerheads in the tank so I will change the flow to something else......not sure yet. Ideas?

Anyway. Here is the tank tonight. Pretty lifeless and cloudy at the moment. Not for long though:)

24gallonAquapod008.jpg

24gallonAquapod006.jpg

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Rich, the BB look is out :Blurp:

Start growing some monties and caps on the bottom.

I have the purple cap, green highlighter, and the undata you could use.

Either that or make an acan garden down there. Go pay Shaun a visit ;)

For the flow what about just one vortech on a controller? ok maybe 2 just to make things balanced.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Dace, not feeling like moderating all the butheaded members:D

J, the BB look is out because it wasn't done right:redface:

Adam the tunzes wouldn't fit in this little tank. I was thinking about adding a single vortech. Maybe I'll borrow one of Kaseis to get an idea what kind of flow that would make in such a small tank.

Tony what are you going to do with that awesome entertainment center/ stand that your dad built?

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Rich a vortech will be waaaaay too much even on low. You're better off with some nano streams. Borrow Kasei's just to double check though.

You're 100% with the "BB look just wasn't done right" the overcrowded bottom, be it zoas, acans, caps or acros is just ghetto. I like the less is more methodology. Your last tank did it well.

Can't wait to see the progression and uh........how you plan on skimming this? Mod'ed ER nano skimmer?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: