Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

these are my grabbags =D

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
stop complaining ;) turn on the MH wait a few minutes and take a full tank shot,
come on Dave we need the money shot.
your pics are not that bad, unless you want to write a two thousand word essay describing your tank put up a photo :P

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Untitled-2_218414.jpg

steve this is my table that has encrusted alot, you can see the pink even with flash on

DSC04428.jpg

fragged myagi tort sigh look how colorful this thing is =D

DSC04424.jpg

the tenuis starting to color up again, wonderful polyp extentions

DSC04418.jpg

so far this is how my tank looks like, hopefully will change alot after i glue down my corals

Last edited:

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
i've adapted to a new method on keeping a nano, especally a SPS nano which is very very demanding of you and have to probably go through extreme methods so you can keep them at a stable level.

for weeks now i had no skimmer, but i dripped kalk which brough my PH to 8.6 alot of -OH in the water then needed, thus calcium hydroxide, anyhow this stuff balanced my alk and ca swings stabled at 9.6DKH and 420 ML of CA, which is great but i think the saturation of the hydroxyl group is causing me problems, alot of STNing started to happen in my tank. Last week i obtained a remora skimmer from my friend reefoman, i hooked it up to a mag 3 which is way more powerful then the rio900 it came with, created foam like no tomorrow, anyhow some reason with this the STNing stopped, i dont know if it was my dirty water or what, but also the PH has dropped to 8.2 after i started using the skimmer, is PH correlated to the skimmer? maybe so... Anyhow my new system of water change also is replace the wet skimmate amount of water with fresh salt water, thus mini water changes are happening everyday. the trace element like Sr and MG other good stuff are replaced daily by small amount of water changes in my 20. overall i think it kicks ass!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
tank looks great.

any kind of skimming is important for sps,
they like the water nice and clean.

sounds like you are on your way to learning how to keep a sps tank and will have to upgrade to a larger tank in no time.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Dave, those sps are huge and nice!! Did you keep your topoff water a little below the salinity? This way when water evaporate, and fresh salt water is add, it doesn't bring up the salinity.

;) Those pics of them really isn't really helping you bring out the actual color. :D

How is your 120 gallon setup going? Any progress?

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
DSC04445.JPG

DSC04446.JPG

my equipment, i need to tighty it up one of these day it's a mess but working really well.

ctxmonitor said:
Dave, those sps are huge and nice!! Did you keep your topoff water a little below the salinity? This way when water evaporate, and fresh salt water is add, it doesn't bring up the salinity.

;) Those pics of them really isn't really helping you bring out the actual color. :D

How is your 120 gallon setup going? Any progress?

yeah one day come over and take some pics of my tank when it's more mature =D 120 setup wont be till next summer, im riding this 20 gallon for a while =D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: