Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yes I'm an ETS die hard

I've been using ETS when they first came out (about 12 or so years ago). Back when it was ETS not ETSS. Even when MTC came out with a downdraft skimmer I didn't find it as well made as the ETS. Forget about all the other imitators.
ETS has never let me down. even with there cheap reef devils.

sorry I have no exp. yet with deltec

Jackson you have a great looking tank. I understand your concerns about the size of the skimmer but you have to be careful with over skimming. Some "experts" in the industry turn off there skimmers for a week or two just to avoid this problem. If I do find that it's not doing the job well I'll just change it for the 2000.

just so you understand how different our theories are I'm also running a UV on the system.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I understand the use of UV and I agree with it, but as far as I'm concerned there is no such thing as overskimming. I have skimmed a little and a lot, only to realize that the more I skim the cleaner my tank is and more healthy and colorful my corals become especially SPS. The best looking tank pics I have seen have monster skimmers.
Anyhow, I appreciate the explinaton :) Sean if you get a chance, check out a deltec AP702 or larger in person....you'll see what I mean.

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
cool Jackson

BTW you got me thinking maybee too much

I may add a second 1800 not surw yet.

I'll also look into deltec see what they're all about.

thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: