Scion_TC2005

RALLIART 2009
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Your setup is fine. You did your power outage test and no problems. As far as the Rocks they are big to begin with and you don't have alot stacked on top. I don't see it as an issue with it tumbling even with gobies and Etc...

Looking good and good luck with your tank

Regards,

Tim

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
your setup looks good.just make sure you drill anti siphon holes(if they arent already there) in your return spout. in case later you decide to aim it lower it wont siphon out and overflow your sump.
and get some clamps for your two mag pumps. my tank is above some one my worst fear is a flood so i took almost every saftey measure

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I dont see an issue with the rocks at this point. I also did a little rescaping to take measures to avoid any future issues. but if they do tumble into the glass,,, Water World Baby!! My kids will love it:tub::tub:
How are thing goin with your tank? I havnt seen you around too much.
I hope all is well
Your setup is fine. You did your power outage test and no problems. As far as the Rocks they are big to begin with and you don't have alot stacked on top. I don't see it as an issue with it tumbling even with gobies and Etc...

Looking good and good luck with your tank

Regards,

Tim

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Where in the return spout should i drill the holes? In the white pvc pipe under the elbow or in the black flexible part?
your setup looks good.just make sure you drill anti siphon holes(if they arent already there) in your return spout. in case later you decide to aim it lower it wont siphon out and overflow your sump.
and get some clamps for your two mag pumps. my tank is above some one my worst fear is a flood so i took almost every saftey measure

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I Also Have A 72gal With The Same Stand, What Is The Sizes(lxwxh) Of A 20 Long ?
My Problem Is To Try To Put My Euro Reef Skimmer In The Sum And Also Have Room For A Calcuim Reactor Were You Put Your Skimmer. Right Now I Used A Amircle Filter Without The Bioballs. Just Not Working For Me Because Always Cleaning These Filter Socks. With A Fuge Do You Need Filter Socks Anymore ? Lmk

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
20L is 12x12x30. It just fits under the stand because of the curve of the stand. I dont know about the filter socks. The recomendations for my skimmer is raw raw tank water, and it seems to run better that way

I Also Have A 72gal With The Same Stand, What Is The Sizes(lxwxh) Of A 20 Long ?
My Problem Is To Try To Put My Euro Reef Skimmer In The Sum And Also Have Room For A Calcuim Reactor Were You Put Your Skimmer. Right Now I Used A Amircle Filter Without The Bioballs. Just Not Working For Me Because Always Cleaning These Filter Socks. With A Fuge Do You Need Filter Socks Anymore ? Lmk

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Water Levels 9/29/08

Well its 3 weeks into my cycle and these are my latest water levels.
I was wondering if every thing is going as it should.

Ammonia .25
PH 8.2
Nitrate 10
Nitrite 0
Phosphate 0

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hmmm, 3 weeks in, I wouldn't necessarily expect to see Ammonia at .25 with zero Nitrites but Nitrates of 10...

Are there any living critters in the tank (snails or anything?..not that you should at this point, just asking :))
Have you been feeding your bacteria anything? They do need to eat while the tank is cycling. If they have nothing to eat, they will die off and Im wondering if that is why you still have an ammonia reading...

Do you have any flake food? You could put a small amount in every other day (about the size of a pencil eraser) to feed them.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I tested the ammonia Twice again and checked it under better light.
its closer to 0 than .25
These tests are a little hard for me to read.
I hope i will get used to it
Yes there are 6 snails and 6 hermits, small. but my algae is gone. Im also leaving lights off.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
what type of tests do u have i use to use salifert for amm nit ph.i tried aquarium phar and it has the same results as salifert and its cheaper.i only use salifert for cal,alk,mag.try to take your test results under sun.i found that out the other day.by the way rock in center NICE.give it another week dhange water wait till next day and test again.also check ur ro/di with and without salt.and what type of salt are u using.hoped i helped alittle

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
New Sump Pic

I re plumbed my sump, since I cant do anything else with the tank yet.
I hard plumbed intake, and made a reverse durso for my noisy as hell. aqua c ev180

A display pic

Attachments

• new sump 015.jpg
    new sump 015.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 185
  • new sump 017.jpg
    new sump 017.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

CJM1224

Fish are friends,not food
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Tank looks great, good luck with it!

Can't wait to see it develop

Dont trust that crazy devil dog as far as you can throw him! :iamwithst

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: