CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
New Aquascape!!! Big Changes!!!

Well I decided to redo my tank. I had some issues with my first try at a reef tank larger than a nano.
I do not have before pics but the tank looked like it did in the pics on the first page of this thread. Plus 30 various frags and some coraline algae.

I thought this would be a daunting task, but it was really alot of fun and went fairly quickly. I started @ 11:30 and I had sand water and live rock in by 3:00.
Happily I still have my ap24 set up with water and sand. It is waiting to go to my fathers house. Yes a new reefer. So I put all my fish in that.
I put all corals in a rubbermaid container with a heater and small powerhead.
All my rock went into a container with tank water.(Some of the rock was above the water line and the coraline got discolored. It looks pink now)
So Here are some pics
NewAquascape037.jpg

NewAquascape040.jpg

Container (hopefully not CASKET) full of corals.
NewAquascape044.jpg

Fish in temporary home.
NewAquascape047.jpg

Water and rock back in tank. Clearing up nicely with a sump full of floss. Literally intake and return chamers full of floss.
NewAquascape053.jpg

Sumpredo001.jpg

Sumpredo003.jpg

Continued in next post<!-- End - Right Container -->

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I am switching to an aquactinics. This one is a little wide for my tank, being tank is only 12" wide at the end. Plus my wife can't take the gap between the light and the top of the tank. The new light sits right on top of the tank.
The black sand really makes the corals pop:splitspin

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
So i'm happy to say that all of my corals seemed to open up last night.
I only lost one piece and it was on it's way out anyway. All fish survived the move no problem. They didnt seem stressed out a all.
All in all it was as succesful as I could have hope for.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Good to hear/read! Loving the black sand!!;) May I add a bit of advice? Will it bother you or your wife to see algea film growing on the side of your tank? If it will then I would move the rocks away from the glass leaving room for a mag float or better yet for your hand to get to the glass to clean it.:bablefish
Otherwise, great job J! Wish I could have stayed to help, but as you know my son was waiting in the car.:(

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: