Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
i see something in there i want lol about 300 things i want. how do you lik the skimmer you got for the frag system david ? in all honesty $ for $ compared to the deltec

Rick in all honesty, I think the bubble master sucks. I had a bk 300 internal for 5 months and it also did not impress me compared to the deltec ap 1003. I have an extra pump to convert my skimmer to an ap1004 but a three pumps alone strips my 600 gallon tank silly. I've tried almost every high end skimmer availible that's not a Beckett skimmer and I'll put a deltec ap 1004 up against anyone of them. Skimmer runs trouble free. No bull crap water level needed like the bm. No issue with pumps like the red dragons have occational. Deltec skimmers are truely a set it and forget it skimmer. Note. I would not recommend any deltec skimmer smaller then the Ap702.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
oh i thought you went with the msx or octo skimmer. i ordered the vertex in 180 for new system. alot of good reviews and since i love the euroreefs and this is basic same design with bubble plate figured id give it a try, plus it is way over rated for new tank. good so if not impressed with it then i know who to come to for a slightly used skimmer :tongue1:

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
oh i thought you went with the msx or octo skimmer. i ordered the vertex in 180 for new system. alot of good reviews and since i love the euroreefs and this is basic same design with bubble plate figured id give it a try, plus it is way over rated for new tank. good so if not impressed with it then i know who to come to for a slightly used skimmer :tongue1:
i should of bought that cone skimmer they were selling a week after i ordered the bm

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
My New Toy: Apex Controller

Apexcontroller.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
David, must be my lap top. Still stop & go for me.;( But I did get to see your 2 radiants playing, and it made me very sad cause mine just up and died for no apparent reason.

One of these days I'll get someone to drive me up to your place to see this beauty of your's.;)

fishywoo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Dave the tank is looking bueatiful. In another year it will be spectacular. Watch out because then me and the family are bringing our snorkling gear to your place for our summer vacation. LOL

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
David, must be my lap top. Still stop & go for me.;( But I did get to see your 2 radiants playing, and it made me very sad cause mine just up and died for no apparent reason.

One of these days I'll get someone to drive me up to your place to see this beauty of your's.;)

Thank you teddy.

Awilda, i'm sorry about your radiant wrasse, your welcomed to drop by anytime.

Paul, you got it buddy, you know your welcome to bring the family anytime..If you want to dive in my tank your welcome as loomg as you sign a release form incase you get stung by my rabbit fish....lol

closetfishgeek. i will be setting up the apex today, as soon as i can i'll give you some updates

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Well my tank has been up and running for 6 months and i have to say that it is nicer then i could ever imagine.. Lots of friends helped me put in time and effort and without you guys this would not be a reality for me.. i want to thank you all... On another note. I was just in shock when i finally took some time to count how many fish i have in the tank...You won't believe me if i told you, but the answer is 38 not including 4 garden eels... thats right, 38... and they all get along except 1 of my hippos chase the other occasionally..
Here is a run down of the fish in my tank..

2 true Perculas
1 False Percula
5 Barlett Anthias
3 Barbonius Anthias
1 Sunburst Anthias
1 Huchtii Anthias
1 Black Tang
1 Tamini Tang
2 Hippo Tang
1 Powder Blue Tang
3 Algae Blennies
1 Rabbit fish
1 Flame Hawk Fish
2 Longspine Cardinal Fish
2 Purple Banded Goby
1 Blue Spotted Goby
1 Possum Wrasse
2 Leopard Wrasse
2 Radiant Wrasse
1 Peppermint Hog Wrasse
1 Labouti Wrasse
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Clown Wrasse
1 Yellow Fin Fairy Wrasse
1 Red Velvet Wrasse
1 Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse
4 Garden Eels

I cant believe over time i aded so many fish.. but there all doing well and getting along lovely..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: