lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
thanks alan! you are too kind. i'm picking up kig's elos 70. he lives a few minutes away and it's exactly what i wanted.

-dan

Dan, good luck dealing with him. Happy u found the right tank.

Alan - Looks great, I have to stop by again to pick up some more frags now that I have 500 watts of Metal Halides

Mark, contact me when u are ready. Do u mean 250W x 2 bulbs. Powerful lights, U can probably grow sps on the bottom of the tank. lol.

Thanks Chemchef.

Rockin tank! I esp love it with the large fish population

Thanks alot. I love fish, that is why i have over 30 fishes in there, but dont tell anyone or I ll get arrested. lol

HOLY COW, that is one of the nicest tanks I have ever seen
pics are amazing
the colors of the tank are unreal

Thank you very much.

yeah all my friends said the same thing when they saw his tank in person..the colors are stunning in person...

Jeff, thanks man. Your friends were cool. I need to go and look at all their tanks along with yours. I cant believe all of u have elos tanks.. I am so jealous now. lol.

hey Allan..I see you showing off your blue-ray player again

Pete, lol... It wasnt intentional, Steve came over one day with his camera and thats how it all got started. lol , i was hoping for 3-d effect but it didnt come out that way.

Wow *jaw drops. If I saw your tank at a club I'd definitely bring my A game.

Thanks man :splitspin

Last edited:

MarkF

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yes I picked up 2x250 (w/ moonlights) but it is one of the Oddesea knock off lights so I doubt I'm getting the full 500 watts, looks to me like 350-400 watts as compared to the 440 watts of VHO it replaced. Maybe after I replace the ballasts I'll have 500watts.

lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Yes I picked up 2x250 (w/ moonlights) but it is one of the Oddesea knock off lights so I doubt I'm getting the full 500 watts, looks to me like 350-400 watts as compared to the 440 watts of VHO it replaced. Maybe after I replace the ballasts I'll have 500watts.

hmmmm..

Alan....I am far from a pro...just a neurotic reef keeper. I hope my tank looks like yours in the near future :splitspin....I learn everyday a little more my friend.. See you at the swap :splitspin

No way, you are just too modest. See u at the swap.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Very nice tank. Lots of fish and beautiful sps/lps. Well thought out aquascaping too. I am interested in hearing more about your aquarium. Would you mind posting more specifics about your setup? I am curious about your equipment, parameters and maintenence schedule. Could be some useful information, especially for the rest of us with 75 gallon mixed reefs;)

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Alan pics do it no justice seeing this tank in person is the REAL deal! Hey when u place another fish order let me know! I need another tailspot blenny =( had an unfortunate mishap.

Couldn't agree more. This tank is a real jaw dropper!

Tailspot blenny is my favorite fish. Hard to keep alive sometimes i think. I am on my second and lets hope he stays around!

This tank is just full of amazing stuff

lazibonez

Senior Newbie
Rating - 100%
379   0   0
Wow, its been awhile seen i saw my own thread.

Thanks Loer, Spinoza, geldof, mckostya, jackson6745, Awibrandy, Rob, blackbeard, DrCooper.

Very nice tank. Lots of fish and beautiful sps/lps. Well thought out aquascaping too. I am interested in hearing more about your aquarium. Would you mind posting more specifics about your setup? I am curious about your equipment, parameters and maintenence schedule. Could be some useful information, especially for the rest of us with 75 gallon mixed reefs;)

Geldof,
My setup is nothing crazy.
Lighting: aquartinic 2 175watt/2 t5 fixture running on icap ballast, XM 20k mh bulbs, and giesemann actinic+ bulbs, 3 strips of 48 in. flexible blue LEDS.
aquaC urchin pro skimmer (small, i know.. but due to sump space)
20 gallon long sump with deepsand bed, no macroaglae.
2 phosban reactors running ROWA
1 Vortech MP40w, tunze 6045, seio 620
litermeter3 2 part doser
eihem 1260 return pump
JBJ ATO
Parameter: Cal 420-450, Alk 8-10, Mg 1300-1350
Waterchange every 2 weeks, sometimes longer
Hope this helps.

Hey Alan pics do it no justice seeing this tank in person is the REAL deal! Hey when u place another fish order let me know! I need another tailspot blenny =( had an unfortunate mishap.

Rob, thanks for the compliment. Sorry about the tailspot, I ll keep an eye out for those and definitely let you know.

Last edited:

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
this might sound silly, but would you please post a pic of your lighting unit? I'm trying to figure out if my lighting is what I want it to be - I have a TEK T5 4-bulb unit over a 75-gal tank that is similar to yours otherwise...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: