• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Bob ,

For sure its a nice piece. I cut a nice mini colony of the Upscales and put it next to it . :)
Good idea.. I think I'll be switching to 20k sometime soon my upscales polyps are fading a little, either that or I look at it to much... 12k holds the base color on the acro but the polyps don't stay as bright as a 20k.. Maybe I can get the polyps to stay bright and still have great growth with a 14k??? What do you think???

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good idea.. I think I'll be switching to 20k sometime soon my upscales polyps are fading a little, either that or I look at it to much... 12k holds the base color on the acro but the polyps don't stay as bright as a 20k.. Maybe I can get the polyps to stay bright and still have great growth with a 14k??? What do you think???

Bob1000,

Just a heads up before you buy a 14k bulb. The reeflux 12k are not really 12k. They are bluer than most 14k bulbs on the market imo. If you are looking for something with more blue than the reeflux 12k, you probably want to go with a 20k bulb. Steve has used them too so maybe he will chime in as well.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Bob I have used 12k reeflux ,14.5 Megachrome , 20k helios ( 180) 20k Radium ( Cube).. Polyps still maintain the purple color. I think when you where here I had the 20k helios.

here is the pic of it on my cube under 20k Radium

Top Down

Limeaid Nasuta

040-3.jpg

Upscales Microlados

039-7.jpg

Thru the glass

034-5.jpg

Thanks

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: