jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I tried to put this off as long as possible, but I am starting with this now since I got such a great deal on this setup. 90 gallon Wooden stand, canopy with built in fans and vho lighting. I am gonna get this goin next week, here are a few pics to enjoy.

Attachments

• tank1.JPG
    tank1.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 213
  • tank2.JPG
    tank2.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 215
  • tank3.JPG
    tank3.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 214

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am going to post this in the WTB forum as well but here are a few things that I need for this setup:
1. 1" flex pvc (about 7 feet)
2. 2 1" ball valve
3. 30lbs. of white sand (doesnt have to be live sand, I am taking about 50 lbs. of live sand out of my tank.)
4. 2 1" 90 degree elbows.

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I want to run a deep sand bed. Currently I have about 90 - 100lbs. of live sand in my 55, however I am having major algal problems, but I think its because I didnt have a good sand crew. I just got my 50 nassarius snails yesterday, plus 5 from before and 1 sand shifting sea star. In the 90 I am going to get 1 or 2 more sand stars and atleast another 50 nassarius snails. From what I have read about all the DSB articles, I know that if you have enough critters turning it over, it should actually contribute to the overall success of the tank. If anyone has experienced differently let me know, I still have about a 2 weeks before I start this tank up.

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
i wish i would have a BB. the sand is really starting to piss me off. getting in the polyps of my zoos and on the rocks, its reall starting to annoy me.
just a thought

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Finally started to fill the tank up with water yesterday. I am going to add 5 gallons a day to reduce the amount of fresh saltwater in the tank so I dont cause a mini cycle. What I am doing is taking 5 gallons out of my current tank and putting it in the 90 and add freshly made saltwater in the 55. Sound like a good idea to you guys?

Attachments

• 000_1083.JPG
    000_1083.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 125

jawwad2004

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks! A lot more pics are coming. . .I am going to add the halides to the hood tomorrow, and install the sump. Starting Saturday morning, till however long it takes, the tank is going to be up and running. Enjoy the ride!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: