Gurly

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5g MB nano softie tank with nothing but a few zoa colonies and some white xenia.

I am going to be scrapping that soon and putting in a 200g corner bow front FOWLR predator fish tank. Haven't got all the plans worked out, but I found the tank and am in love! Mahogany stand and canopy. Will put in 2x 400w halides in, it has 2 built in overflows in the back, and the stand has room setup for a sump and skimmer.

Any fish suggestions, or equipment ideas would be nice. I'll see if I can get a pic of it and upload it here. It is a gorgeous tank.

Gurly

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Gurly my advice to you would be to get the best skimmer that you can afford for your tank so waste doesn't become an issue. I am a big fan of beckett skimmers because they are so powerful but you can get an easy to setup needlewheel skimmer like a euroreef or ASM and that would be fine also.

Anyway, welcome to MR!

Gurly

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the reason i wanted the light was in case i decide to not do fish down the line, i can just take them out and add corals. i will be going with a good skimmer so that no changes need to be made in the future in case i change my mind. The tank setup i have listed seems like the more versatile for what ever mood strikes me. It is a very tall tank, so if i go for a reef tank i will need good penetration, lots of light, and once it is set up, never to touch it again or i'll need a snorkle set.

Gurly

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure, but I will be getting the dimensions when I go back to take the picture. Its really nice. Has a very deep bow in the front.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: