Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
For those who thought Salty Dog's tank pics in his thread titled "Pics for Awibrandi" are pics of my tank here are a couple of pics of MY TANKS.lol

One each; reef on top fowlr with some softies bottom.

Attachments

• 1-23-09 155 FTS_800x600.jpg
    1-23-09 155 FTS_800x600.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 236
  • FOWLR 1-2009 046_800x600.jpg
    FOWLR 1-2009 046_800x600.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 231

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
both tanks are looking good...but what happened to that large frogspawn I sold you?

Hi Mike! I am so :eek:/ :sad2:, but this past summer and even til this day my lps have started dissapearing for no apparent reason.:irked: And what is really strange to me is that I had a christmas favia that I had a friend chop in half for me; 1 piece was in my 155 and the other went into the 20 upstairs in my bedroom. The 155 got all the attention while the 20 gets no attention. The piece in the 155 is practically dead (some eyes left on it, but not fleshy) while the piece in the disgusting 20(soon to be shut down) is doing fantastic.
Mike I'm really sorry that I lost your frogspawn!!!!!!;(

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Hi Mike! I am so :eek:/ :sad2:, but this past summer and even til this day my lps have started dissapearing for no apparent reason.:irked: And what is really strange to me is that I had a christmas favia that I had a friend chop in half for me; 1 piece was in my 155 and the other went into the 20 upstairs in my bedroom. The 155 got all the attention while the 20 gets no attention. The piece in the 155 is practically dead (some eyes left on it, but not fleshy) while the piece in the disgusting 20(soon to be shut down) is doing fantastic.
Mike I'm really sorry that I lost your frogspawn!!!!!!;(
so sorry to hear...your water quality must have gotten really bad because I have had the mother colony in my tank for over ten years and lived through a number of crashes. I will be fragging it again soon and you can have a couple of heads to try again....

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you Mike! Or to clean for the lps.lol SPS frags that I thought were gone amazingly came back.
The tank with the really bad water is in my bedroom.yuck

Even my beautiful 2.5 year old hammer that took up the left side of my tank started dying. It only has 2 heads left.;( It all started when I added 4 - #3 Koralia pumps, but can't really say that's the cause.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Really nice.

I have a question about the bottom tank. It looks like the sand there is very fine like sugar. I just put that kind in my new aquapod and was wondering if there are any issues with the sand moving around. The sand I had in my 10 gallon was a little larger and did not blow around.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you guys!
Really nice.

I have a question about the bottom tank. It looks like the sand there is very fine like sugar. I just put that kind in my new aquapod and was wondering if there are any issues with the sand moving around. The sand I had in my 10 gallon was a little larger and did not blow around.

Basiab the sand in the bottom tank (fowlr w/softies) is ESV fine sand with a little downsouth sand mixed in. It is being moved around by the GS Maroon clown's fanning and the MJ, but not blowing around in the tank. It is the same sand that is in the top tank (reef) and again it is the fish that move it around. If you point a power head at it it will blow around. Hope I answered your question.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: