Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I recently converted a 150 gallon FOWLR tank into my first reef tank. Attached are some pictures of my corals, inverts and a few fish that popped into the pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN0304.jpg
    DSCN0304.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 523
  • DSCN0309.jpg
    DSCN0309.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 520
  • DSCN0316.jpg
    DSCN0316.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 521

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Throughout my family, I take care of 3 other FOWLR tanks. They are all big and I get to stock them.

I decided that the tank in my house needed to be different, so I converted it to a reef tank. I enjoy it more than I did my FOWLR tank. The inverts are my favorite part.

nicee, wut made you decide to convert?

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I have 2 sally lightfoots in the tank. They are both big eaters. They eat flakes, pellets, and any frozen food I put in the tank. I make sure to put extra food in there for the scavengers. Thanks

cathym1078

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Is that a coral beauty in your tank? If so, I had one in my tank before, but had to return it. I was told there is a 50/50 chance it may nip on corals. I'm no expert and didn't want to take a chance, so I returned it. It was a b***ch to catch. LOL.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Looks good so far. That Flame Angel might be come a problem when you start to get more corals. You might also reconsider the Kenya tree coral too. They are known to get out of control.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Nice conversion!! My fowlr also has some softies in it.lol
I have 2 dwarf angels in my reef (heraldi & coral beauty) and a flame angel in the fowlr w/softies, haven't seen them causing any trouble. I even have sponges in the reef. Goes back to fish are individuals and the only predictable fish is "a dead fish".;)

Best wishes with your fowlr/reef..

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
So far I have had no issues with the flame angel (knock on wood.)

I have read that about kenya trees, thanks for the info. I really like it so I'm going to hold onto it. My plan is to take the "babies" out of the tank and put them in a smaller tank or give them away if anyone wants them.

Thanks Rachid, Chemchef, Cathy, grknyer, and Awibrandy.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: