greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello all, This is my first in wall tank. I decide on the 120 gl oceanic tech tank becuase it fit the space perfectly. The space is good because I was able to utilize 2 closets to hold the tank and equipment. I am having the carpentry work done by a freind, since the gf does not trust me to do it. I do not have a basement so my options were limited in where to put the equipment. The good thing about the wall where it will sit is that it is pretty wide so the room behind it is uneffected. Here are some pics.

The tank unopened.
NewTankBuild2009April002.jpg

Holy smokes my freind works fast, He got this almost done in 4 hours.

Here is the front minus the molding(the gf is picking that out)

NewTankBuild2009April003.jpg

This is one side, from one closet.
NewTankBuild2009April004.jpg

This is the back with plenty of room to slide a good size sump underneath.
NewTankBuild2009April006.jpg

This is where I am going to build shelves for a seperate tank for new arrivals and another for the fuge. This is in the closet to the right of the tank.
NewTankBuild2009April005.jpg

I picked up a Snapper Reeflo from tony at reef exotics for my return. I am going to move my lighting from my 75gl which is two pheonix14k se on lumnarcs. For the skimmer I still have not decided, do I go with the Octo 250 or 300 extreme or the MSX extreme 250 or 300? I realize they are almost identical but there are some minute differences. I plan to build the shelves this weekend but then I go on vacation for a week(georgia aquarium yeah!). I figured it would be better to leave the current tank running while on vacation rather than take the risk of something happening to the tank sitter on a new system.

wallysworld

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The ball is in motion. It's gonna look awesome in the wall soon as you walk in! I have to bring people down into the downstairs back room. Smart move to wait until you get back to start to move. I know you don't want to wait but I will be back on the 14th.

I'll be passing you on I95 on your way back...
You have to let me know how the aquarium was. I plan on going while down there too. Have to see that Whale shark tank!

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Looking good :) Nice to see yet another fellow in-wall reefer. <3 my 120tech! I hope you enjoy yours as much if not more... though I'm not sure you'd want the insanity that comes with obssessing as much as I do over a tank. lmao

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So I decided on a skimmer, I am going with the Itech 200 cone. There is a waiting list but I will run my modded asmg2 until I get it. This weekend I am building the shelves for the fuge and a seperate shelve for a frag/qt tank for new arrivals.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am finally setting it up this weekend. We ended up remodeling the entire living room and hallway so I wanted to wait until all of the sheetrocking and painting was done. Pics to follow.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Here is some pics. The sump area, my skimmer, and reactor. For circulation I went with a snapper reeflo. We vstill have to do the finishing touches to the wall around the trim but here it is so far.

NewTankBuild2009April007.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April009.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April013.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April014.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April016.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April019.jpg

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That is Shabang in the first pic. Also I put an ATB large purple pinwheel on the sicce 2500 pump for the skimmer which runs at 40 watts. Know after I plumb tommorrow I have to move everytinhg from the 75 gallon above.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I finally got the tank up and running. Here are some pics the are a little blurry due to some micro bubbles that I need to get out. I am hoping they are from the skimmer breaking in. I still have not painted the trim, we are having trouble deciding on the color.

NewTankBuild2009April022.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April024.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April030.jpg

NewTankBuild2009April031.jpg

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have to modify my light rack from my old tank so I can pull the lights up about a foot to work. I still have to hook up my brs reactor but I am having trouble switching from pvc to john guest fittings. I also am learning how hard it is to aquascape and place corals standing behind the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: