DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Good ? Master - I'm not finished with the stand quite yet. There will be some sort of fan system on the back of the stand - coupled with me drilling holes in the back. The lighting for that tank will be 2 nova extreme 36w T5 units, so the heat won't be that bad. The display tank at the beginning of this thread will sit on top of the stand and be connected to the tank inside the stand. That display will use custom LED lighting. The tank in the stand is a glorified display fuge.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
617568474_bzycN-L.jpg

617569443_ghDp9-L.jpg

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The tank in my av is the display. It will be SPS dominated with a focus on mutual symbiotic relationships (goby/shrimp, acro crab, maybe sexy shrimp and rics, etc.). The tank in the most recent pics is the display fuge - the rock wall is coarse grain sand on great stuff foam over an eggcrate frame. It will hide the pumps and has a spot for chaeto. I have rock from SeaLife Inc. that goes in it and I just ordered some display macro algaes from reefcleaners.org. The focus will be a FL gulf biotope of sorts. It's only a fuge in that it's connected to the display and contains macros for filtration - it's primarily a second display. As of now I'm thinking of adding a mated pair of yellow-headed jawfish to the fuge.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Once you add fish to a fuge it is no longer a fuge. It becomes another display tank with cheato or other macro algaes.

The definition of a refugium is a safe haven from predators. Fish become the predator in the tank, hence, no fuge.

DHaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
PM sent. I used GE Silicone I for the sealant (got it at Lowes). If you get it, make sure it's the I and not the II - the II has antibacterial stuff that will kill everything in your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: