JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
was up till 3:30 a.m. finishing this up but its finally painted :biggrin:
The canopy is almost complete....i have to install the fans, moon lights, and a set of lights with ballast... :sleepy:

done.jpg

S

steveo32

Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Hov, it looks purdy.
Nice paint job on the stand. Hood looks nice too. Do you still have all your finders and toes lol
You were up til 330 and no water. :tongue1:
Good luck ...

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I'll explain the plumbing in case u want to copy :biggrin:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/borntodie23/rearplumb.jpg

2 1" bulkheads 1 drain 1 return w/ loc-line

I used 1" Flex-Spa on the drain so i can move it more freely when i change my filter socks, I should be changing the elbow to a 1" "T" soon.

1" 90 Degree elbow off the return, inside that elbow is a 1" - 3/4" bushing which reduces my return plumbing to 3/4" all the way down to the pump and before the pump there is a Union and a ball valve. union is to remove pump for cleaning. Ball valve is to close off the return during water changes.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/borntodie23/manifold2.jpg
On the return line you will see the "T" which leads to the manifold i added a 40 degree elbow and in the elbow there is a 3/4"-1/2" bushing after that i put a ball valve so i can turn off both reactors at once so i dont have to mess with the tuning of the phosban. I placed a ball valve for each reactor in case i ever had to just close one or the other. After the ball valves i have a slip to screw coupler so i can screw in the hose barbs. At the end of the manifold i put a Cap to close it off...im thinking i should have put an elbow but im tired of going back and forth to Home Depot and its already made :) Manifold is 1/2" to accomodate the reactors hose fittings.

and thats it :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: