DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Here's just a quick pic of my humble 46 BF.

Learned alot from you guys...
Only coming from old skool fresh water set-ups (not even that experienced in that), I'd figure I'd start slow....so don't rag on me:dead1:

Only been in salt water for a little bit over 8 months. A friend from the job introduced it to me.
Always trying to improve on better equipment & still trying to get into the swing of things.

When I went away from a vacation in summer my 55 gal crashed....so I recently started over. Everything is looking good.
Love the hobby....

Peace.

Attachments

• 46%20BF.JPG
    46%20BF.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
Phil tanks looking realllll good. The aquascapings nice, lots of flow can get in and out.
-Kris

Thanks Kris. Time to fill this bad boy up. Wanna hang with you big boys..lol

JoshSaul said:
Looking very good. I see you are going the frag route, which is my preference as well. You still have a lot of room in there, but it will start to get dense over the next year or so.

Low fish population, also one of my favorites.

What is the lighting?
-Kris

Thanks for the comp Josh. I want to enjoy watching stuff grow.
Lighting is a 250w PFO with Hamilton 14K.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
How do u like the hamilton? I like em just the perfect color for me without actinics.

It's really crispy. I likes.
I have to get a canopy. It's hard for a bow. I have a pendant I got from Dean.
I don't mind not having actinics with the 14k bulb *thanks Jim ;)*

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Good luck - haven't forgotten about the CL, will do that soon.

peace

House

;)

I purchase a wavemaker & running 2 MJ 1200's & 1 MJ 900, plus the Mag 7 on return. Corals responding very good.
Still would like to do the CL, but trying to focus on better equip....so it's no rush.
It's decent flow for now.

Thanks for the comp.... feels extra special coming from you....lol:D:lol:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
looks like a great start. just one word of advice. be careful with those mushrooms you have on the rocks. they look all cute and innocent now, but when they start to spread everywhere you may be cursing them. they will bother the sps, and you will be trying to scrape them off the rocks. they don't grow too quickly, but I would isolate them more.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Thanks J.
I got 1 from CTX at the swap & the other I got from Jose a while back (1 of my first frags....I blame you Jose!....LOL). With the new lighting & better water quality, I already noticed 3 babies growing.

Isolate as in keeping the rock by itself to the side?

I noticed they move & that's how the smaller ones came about. I was going to move that rock before they reach the other ones.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: