• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Okay so I covered the returns in rock but want to know what you guy's and girl's think about me covering the bell on the eductors.. It has no pros or cons.. I just can't decide what to do.. It will most likely be hidden behind the rocks some of the bell might show.. Oh yeah phosphates are almost where I need them to be for the tranfer to take place:splitspin
What do you think??

Attachments

• IMG_7584.JPG
    IMG_7584.JPG
    228.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_7585.jpg
    IMG_7585.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_7587.jpg
    IMG_7587.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_7591.JPG
    IMG_7591.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 392

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
ive noticed that some of the "man made rock" is not underwater...wont this "rock" release nitrate/phosphate/etc into the water once it is underwater?

Rock only releases phosphates if it had it to begin with, My rock is not made from old rock or crushed coral so no phosphates here.. Nitrates come from the nitrogen cycle and I have more than enough good bacteria to not cycle.. Denitrifier baby, Natureef that is,,,lol..

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Update: I did brown out some of my corals during the move, only because I used a t5 fixture as light for them for 3 days(bad idea).. But everything lived much to like I planned, but also to my surprise.. My 17 gallon denitrifier was enough to hold the 300 gallons of new water back from cycling.. WOW..
Everyone I spoke to said my sps would die going into new water.. Hey guy's I did it.. All I have to say is "Denitrifier baby",,,lol.. Here's a quick pic of a 1in clam that should have also died, but not for nothing it colored up a little more than when I got it.
I did dose the good bacteria at a extra rate of 5mls per day on top of the cyclic flushes that the denitrifier does 6 times a day.. Phosphate option ripping organicphosphates down.. I started the tank 2 days ago at 0.15 phosphates and already at 0.09..

Attachments

• Gold maxima.JPG
    Gold maxima.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 370
  • ohhh rite.JPG
    ohhh rite.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 370

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Trying out some new software so the fts can come from 2 shots having macro detail.. It'll be up in a couple days..
Alex..Works faster than the hanna and is more accurate according to the test I did when I first got it against a hanna..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: