Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
lets see a full shot, wanted to see how you connected your 180 sump to your tank( I need some ideas). Also what do you mean "the denitrifier was enough to hold the 300 gallons of new water back from cycling"?

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Almost there,,lol.. re calibrated the ph probes, calcium reactor online with the AC3 pro.. Have to say the water movement is sick/overkill.. One return pump 4 3/4in returns with eductors on the ends.. 2 1 1/2" drains, 2 1" drains..
Return pump powering the whole system.. Baldor motor around 7200gph I think.. I will never have to add more water movement.. Unless I want to tear the seams apart,,lol.. Powerheads suck, I already have a bare bottom, not trying to have the super science project thing going on,,lol.. No offense to you guy's that like using all that electricity and magnets and suction cups for a powerhead that pushes more than your return pump,,lol.. Really no offense:tongue1:...

It's okay to drill some more holes in that tank.. Reef ready does not mean acro ready, just a big black box that takes away water volume..
I'd like to see more people making there own rocks or getting them from me:tongue1:.. I ripped my overflow boxes off the last tank and this was going the same.

Attachments

• almost there1.jpg
    almost there1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 574
  • almost ther2.JPG
    almost ther2.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 571
  • almosther3.JPG
    almosther3.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 569
  • almost ther4.jpg
    almost ther4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 573
  • almost ther5.JPG
    almost ther5.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 570
  • almost ther6.JPG
    almost ther6.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 572
  • almost ther7.JPG
    almost ther7.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
lets see a full shot, wanted to see how you connected your 180 sump to your tank( I need some ideas). Also what do you mean "the denitrifier was enough to hold the 300 gallons of new water back from cycling"?

Dosing the built up bacteria from the reactor daily has kept smaller tanks in the past from cycling.. Now dosing the same amount to my 300 display has not cycled, and it had all new water in it..

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Can't wait to use my natureef denitrifier, and be in your bracket. the system looks great and a 7200gph pump for flow all I all can say WOW maybe I should be following your plan I seem to be stuck at the bottom of the hill trying to climb up

dmatta82

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The build is amazing, I feel motivated to build something. You should have been one of the presenters at MACNA. You should teach a reef building class 1, 2, and 3 for hobbyists on different levels. Perhaps even create your own DIY videos on youtube.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
The build is amazing, I feel motivated to build something. You should have been one of the presenters at MACNA. You should teach a reef building class 1, 2, and 3 for hobbyists on different levels. Perhaps even create your own DIY videos on youtube.

Never thought about that... Sounds good,,lol..

Frank I'm up in the air with a rail system with 1 400 watt 20k reeflux, or 2 400watts no rail just angled.. T5 actinics or vho super actinics??? Don't really know yet but I have to decide soon..

Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Rare Sps/LE dominated reef

Some of the The Piano's Rare or LE pieces.. Ever seen these??
Wait til my Rouge milli colors up.. Trying to get a shot of the red with purple tips prostrata this weekend..

Attachments

• purple polyp.jpg
    purple polyp.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 560
  • red polyps.jpg
    red polyps.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Newest editions to the piano's rare inhabitants..

When I built this tank I made some of the rock on the pieps come out of the water with the idea that I would try to find something tha likes to come out of the water sometimes and I finally did, these crabs..
Not only did I luck up and find them, they like to hang out on my drains and clean off water ever get's caught on them.. Now as long as I keep them I don't have to worry about cleaning my strainers on my drains:tongue1:....

Attachments

• island1.jpg
    island1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 504
  • island.jpg
    island.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 499
  • strainer cleaner.jpg
    strainer cleaner.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 504

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Crazy question for you... Did you check to see if the wiring would support 20 Amps? After I put in my 180 I had to run wiring on the surface because the wiring in the walls was so old that it could barely handle 10 Amps! Eventually I ran a new line to my tank AND ran a 220 line to the window for a 220 20,000 BTU Air Conditioner (Why should just the fish be cool when for the same money I can cool the entire livingroom and bedroom?)

Alfred

I got mines form a local hardware store.. Home ddepot didn't have the type I needed..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: