D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
Tank is looking good ,,Dont worry about inks addiction ,he will run outof money soon ,,lol
keep up the good work ,

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thats over 1230 posts in a month and a couple of days man!!! But we love you ink.

I like the way youre moving on the tank. Just take it nice and slow. Dont worry about the cyano thing. It will get worse before it gets better. Just keep siphoning and add a good cleanup crew and let the thing cycle. In a month with good husbandry you will have an awesome and stable tank.

Keep it up man!!

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
ECFENCING said:
Hey everyone:

New to this hobby. This 70g oceanic has been up and running for a little over two months now. That beautiful tang in the photo was from samsky. Thanks samsky.

Just wanted to get some comments. Looks like I have some cyano on the sand bed. I was thinking of going bb at some point in time. For now do I gently vacuum the top layer?

Glad you are happy and the tang is happy.
Most if not all tanks go through the cyano cycle. It happen to me, consider it as a natural cycle for your tank. Just keep up with the regular water changes and and vacum as much as you can when you do water change. Blow cyano off when it's covering your coral, over time it'll just disappear, don't worry, i'll be gone as your tank mature.

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
samsky

Thanks. It was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks again for the tang. I was thinking of ordering a "reef package" from saltwaterfish.com.

Here's the link

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_1...category=4&category_search=5&root_parent_id=4

Anybody have any experience with saltwaterfish.com or any other place where I can get turbo snails and some more hermit crabs. Should I even get more of these crabs? Some say they are not reef friendly.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
:) :) :) you are very welcome.

Try this site http://www.reeftopia.com/index.html
Their clean up crew price are very reasonable, but honestly, i use to have lots of hermits, snails in the tank, 95% is dead, i don't think i'll waste my money replacing those snails and hermits. Maybe i'll just get some snails...lolz, my hermit start to hunt down the snail on a daily bases, even with tons of extra shells for the hermits. They just like taking over my snails shell :)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: