Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Update photos

Here are a couple of photos went with black but i am unsure now might sand it down and do a dark stain boy do i hate painting... also if you notice i made a total of four doors 2 on the ends and 2 in the front

Attachments

• black side.jpg
    black side.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Fullclosed.jpg
    Fullclosed.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG00105-20090511-1827.jpg
    IMG00105-20090511-1827.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Stand with tank.jpg
    Stand with tank.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 281

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
are you really using that 180 in the stand as the sump?

if so
what is going to be in the sump?
how do you get it out if it ever leaks?

Last edited:

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am finally getting started

As some may know had a situation with bring in the stand into the house and needed a new one built since I gave up trying to take it apart. My cousin came by my house while I was working and suprised me with my fame within the house

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks alot guys. I am working like a turtle on this projects and I really would like to step it up. I been debating on using the overflows just as drain pipes and have it return from the outside. What do you guys think?

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
that depends on what are you going to use for circulation inside the tank, ie...vortechs or tunzes. if you are going to use multiple vortechs or tunzes then you can get away with using 2 drains and 2 returns or 3 drains and 1 return from the current overflow.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Ritchie, I think the over the top Sea Swirl idea with in-tank VorTechs is the best plan. However, I don't believe too much flow through your sump/fuge is a great idea. So ideally I'd need to know what size the drilled overflows are? How many there are? And what size return pump you are considering?

Russ

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Russ, with the tank there are four holes and I believe that they are all one inch. The pump that I wanted to use would be a Reeflo Barracuda. But I wanted to plumb the 150 & 300 to the 180 sump and use the one pump. I don't know maybe I could be concern about something that shouldn't matter.
I been itching to get the 150 started

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Nice 300 gallon love the dimensions...... I would definitely go the sea swirl route. The 3 1" sea swirls mite be a little overkill but if you use them you can always turn them down with a ball valve/true union. Are you going for a high flow rate sump design ? If not I would go with the 3 3/4 sea swirls and still throttle them back to 3/4 and this will get you 1500-1700 gallons thu your sump. More than enough....just a thought. Good luck with your build I will be watching your build progress.

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thane, Thank you and thanks for the idea. I am not sure how to go about plumbing the tank so far. I believe I will start with my fish room which is located in the basement and work my way up to be able to get a better understand of speed and head preformance to feed and drain two tanks. Orginally I would like to at least set 150g up buy I can't stick with one main idea to complete this set up.

If I can build as efficent like you I would be all set your set-up is Rocking

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: