Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I wanted to say my build with you all and to help give me some input on come things.
Well, here we go
Some information first I had a 210g & 180g I still have my 42 hex well I had to add an addition in the house so had to tank down the tanks. Well sold them both and been looking for larger tanks. Well finally got my 300g and got lucky thanks to Russ and got a 150 cube! So now I plan on doing a double build.

300 gallon: is a Marineland Deep Edition decided to give a try to build my own stand that will be 39? high (Photos below of my progress so far).
Movement: 4 Tunze Power heads with a 7096 controller & more uncertain what else
Lighting: Hanging 10 or 12 overdriven T5 HO lighting including both power brites and moon light if not an led fixture of some short
150galon: is a Marineland Deep Edition bought with a stand but want not the kind I wanted to will do work on its appearance.
Movement: 2 Vortech as well as a Dart pump
Lighting: Hanging One Lumen Mini Reflector with 4 39w overdriven T5 (Need help on this concept)

Attachments

• 300g before.jpg
    300g before.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 676

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Here are recent photos of how i am right now just finish the building process for first time building anything I feel very proud of myself.

*Sorry bout photos

Attachments

• Front view.jpg
    Front view.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 673
  • Left Side view.jpg
    Left Side view.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 669
  • Wide front view.jpg
    Wide front view.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 677
  • Cube Stand.jpg
    Cube Stand.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 672

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
looks good so far, id built a aluminum rack for the 150g or a canopy to house it all, what skimmers you using for them ? going to be plumbed into 1 sump or 2 ?

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks, I wanted to have an open top for the tanks my idea was to have the MH hanging and have the four t5s in a square around the light just can't create that image of how it should be made. I will be running two sumps a 180 gal for the 300 and a 70 gal for the 150 been debating if i should run the both together. For a skimmer i will be using a Deltec AP902 and for the 150 i still need to buy one thinking about a Bubble King

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Looking good so far. You are going to love the depth of the tank.

I have mine filled and running and its amazing. Keep the side clear so you can look down the side of the tank.

Best view of the tank.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
i will try and take some did i do something wrong?

No, just thought they were 4x4. I'm looking at getting a 200 DD. and others with the same tank have some great ideas when it comes to the stand. It's a shame that the stand for these tanks is too short.

This photo is at a LFS in SC. the owner has two tanks put side by side 200 gallons on a 40" tall stand.

Attachments

• IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1622.JPG
    IMG_1622.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 282

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Alex the legs are 4x4 sorry bout everything else is 4x6's i took some photos will but them on when i get home i made four door on my stand 2 on both sides and two in the front will help me out if i do end up putting anything in it. And the Height of the stand is so much better that it is taller thininking of a way to raise the 150 stand as well

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: