juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i am putting everything but the chiller and the C02 inside the stand.

pecan....i stand corrected, i compared regular glass to starfire, not low iron. starfire glass is a brand made by PPG and low iron is generally the "other" clear glass.

cali, ty for the info. you are testing the vertex alpha 200? i went with the SWC 250a cone instead of the alpha 250.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
sorry for the delay Alex, things have been hectic here as my mom is in the hospital. here are the doors installed already:

also here are a couple for the equipment junkies
2 liter soda bottle for comparison

new pump reeflo goby

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Frank, hope everything is ok with your mother.

How satisfied are you with those doors and what are the dimensions ?
I'm thinking of giving them a call for the same doors. did they provide the mounting hardware ? how are they mounted ?

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
for the price, they were definitely worth it....solid wood framing with 1/4" oak vaneer for the panel. 4 doors (18"x25") with holes drilled and hinges shipped for $92. the shipping was the most expensive part. they charge $1 for each hole drilled and $3 for each hinge.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
ty alex and russ for your thoughts and compliments, i am going to have to place her in a nursing home today.....sad to watch the ppl who raised you slowly wither away before your eyes

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Not a problem frank, I know the feeling. Only problem is, its tough to make that decision. You keep hoping that tomorrow will be better and you convince yourself that they are better off with you, but that is not the case. Hope everything turns out well.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
well yesterday my ordeal with AO has come 1 step closer to ending. i finally received my tank but i am minus 1 pendant......the AO nightmare continues as they will have to get back to me on Tues. to let me know where my other pendant is, anyway i painted the back of the tank and took a couple of shots for now.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
thanks guys but my ordeal not over yet, they still owe me 1 pendant and a few miscellaneous things but i am glad that it is finally here.

Jim....that is home made wine that is over 5 years old

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
ty tang

i had the morning to myself so i figured on trying to get some more accomplished. i drilled out the holes for the drains and returns and since i only have 1 pendant i might as well get that up. it was a good thing that i did because my new 25a supply line kept tripping the ground fault when i tried to start-up the ice cap ballast. i then plugged it into another receptacle and the fixture fired up with no glitches, evidently ice-cap electronic ballasts cannot be plugged into ground fault outlets for whatever reasons. so now i have to swap out the GFI and re-level the stand......glad the tank wasn't on it yet.

Last edited:

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i swapped the gfi with another and the same thing happened again, i just put in a 20a receptacle and it is working fine. the only thing it can be is the IC 400w ballast causes some sort of interference that trips the gfi

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: