juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
tobin when i ran the new line they were out of the 25a breakers and my service panel is discontinued so it is hard to get replacement breakers so i used a 30a breaker but the gfi was rated at 25a.

ty ...well first i need to get the tank onto the stand and also i need to put the corner braces on the euro brace that AO forgot to do

Last edited:

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
the swc 2501a was actually my 3rd choice, i had the alpha on order but after reading on RC about problems getting it to skim, cutting down pipes to get it to work..i felt that if i am dropping $$$ i shouldn't have to be cutting pipes to get it to work. my second choice was the ATB 1050 but by the time i was ready to buy it, they were all sold out and awaiting the new design model to come out, that left me with the SWC.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
got the next stage started.......getting the tank on the stand, actually it wasn't that much of an ordeal. 2 sets of furniture dollies were used to roll it up to the stand and 4 guys using old fashioned brute force.

going to start the plumbing tomorrow

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
primary plumbing done and filled the tank for a test run, happy to say no leaks

Galantra here are the pics of the sump running

first section is my fuge, it is going to be fed by my return line and valve controlled for flow

second section holds the primary drain, skimmer and calcium reactor from my existing tank

third section is just a simple return area, i will probably place the heaters here.
have to ty to Jeff for building my sump, he did a great job

Last edited:

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
thanks Tobin, i am looking forward to seeing yours up and running, i may have to stop by while on my route.

Galantra thanks. i copied the design from Melev, i wanted to keep it as simple as possible. on my current setup, my fuge section comes in the second section and it accumulates detritus that the skimmer misses so to limit the amount of detritus i feed the fuge with my return line which is simply just a T with a valve to limit the flow into the fuge section. the manifold i have there was originaly going to be used to feed my reactors but i put it to use in the fuge section to increase flow.
my return pump is reeflo goby gold, i had originally planned on using a dart but the dart has limited head. the goby has a similar output but the head goes up to 22'. the bulkhead with valve is just to drain out the middle section while doing cleanings.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Finally got this up and running, it took most of the weekend and i still have to get the cal rector up and running and programming the controller.
pics came out on the blue side

left side center right side

fuge

skimmer in action, still trying to dial it in

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
thanks Galantra. i am sure yours will be a sight when you are finished.
i went with the Giesemann spectra, there are not to many fixtures that are SE, almost all the fixtures are DE today.

It has 3-SE 400w halides, 4-80w t-5s

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
what a difference a week makes, everything transferred over well except my red mile, keeping fingers crossed it will make it. i am still fiddling with the rock work. here are a few updated shots.

full tank shot

leftside center right

new arrivals

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: