0   0   0
Hi

My first post on here so thought put up a few piccys of my tank

038a.jpg

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, come on si. I know i took a few more shots than that, so dont keep these nice people waiting...

Gotta say, this is (in my opinion) probably the most stunning tanks in the Uk at the moment, and a real credit to Simon's skills as a reef keeper. The growth is just ridiculous. You cant see it the shot, but the big table acro on the left is about 2 1/2 feet across.

Regards

Simon.

Last edited:

Simon Garratt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure mine is (if it is, I wasnt aware :eek:) but I know simon's is. (thats this simon)..

And if you think thats confusing..Both our wives are called Emma..and we both get a lot of stick for the amount of time we spend on reeftanks..

Anyway, I'll leave simon (the other one that is) to fill in the details...see i told you it was confusing...:splitspin

Regards

simon.

Simon Clark

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all kind comments on tank

Tank has been running nearly four years

Its 92"x32"x44" with Diamante Front glass was built on site by myself, Simon Garratt and good friend of ours Kevin Douglas.

It has a 8" weir in each back corner and is drilled with in base to run six closed loop outlets which are powered by a Red Dragon 14000 ltr pump via Oceans motions four way.

Its is skimmed by a Deltec AP 902 and an H&S 3x1260.

Lighting is 4 x 400w BLV 10k with Icecap ballasts and 8 x 39w Aqua science 20k tubes.

System is controlled by IKS.

Calcium addition is via a very large Simon Garratt Calcium Reactor which holds around 20-30kg of coral branch media.

045a.jpg

003a1.jpg

027a.jpg

010a.jpg

021a.jpg

016a.jpg

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
:bigeyes:

Wow that's impressive. How have you dealt with keeping pests out of the tank?
Did you ever have to deal with AEFW's ? that's been a problem for some great acro tanks over here.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: