BOM8ER

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely tank Tim, I bet my last ? it looks even better with your new Regal Angelfish in there
naughty.gif
good.gif

jason@jasonsaquatics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim tank is looking lovely ,i can say guys its a hell of a lot better in the flesh .Only one thing i have to say though Tim ,,move that bloody cable lol

Stunning tank m8

jas

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Regal certainly has made it better, Just added a Flame angel to keep it company aswell.
Time will tell if they touch anything, But im adding extra food to keep them full, Maybe some acros will darken up, although the 400w will make up for extra fish .. And no coral food is used.

Hi morphiii - Well i didnt do anything special really except i kept siphoning it out with a small pipe, In the end the trapped po4 in the rock finally finished leaching out and it thankfully went away after about 3 months.

Also added 3 types of tangs to combat it and any future algae, The Scopas tang is meant to touch bryopsis so he went in the, followed by the Yellow tang and Kole Tang.

Ive not had an bad issues with algae sinse the initial start up, A few bit of bryopsis on the weirs but i have a feeling that the Scopas cant get to it.

Hopefully later i will have a few more pics to share

Thanks for the comments

Cheers Tim

Last edited:

jason@jasonsaquatics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to nice to have the cable hanging from the front of the Tank ,sorry Tim but if you wont listen to us in the UK maybe the guys on M/R can get you to extend it ..Dont try extending it after a bottle of Vodka :zap: lol

jas

jason@jasonsaquatics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember this pic Tim .

We had a fragnight at jasonsaquatics and Tim had a 2 to 3 inch frag from us for his last system .
Not to sure how long it took but was not that long to get to this size :Pics

pic6.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic2.jpg

The frags from this we kept a load and Tim had a small frag back that you can see at the top of his tank left side

Its now a lot bigger than the coral in the pic

jas

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jas i think that was about a year old from frag to the picture above

The frag i had off that one above is doing ok but where's the flow cant get at its dying off now.
Fts as of today best i can

mini-tank15months.jpg

I wish all fish would be this easy ta take pics of, my lion busy eating pellets
mini-lionfish-1.jpg

Also picked up to new inhabitants this week, One Regal Angel and One Flame Angel
Stunning additions imo!

mini-2angels.jpg

mini-angelll.jpg

mini-fishhhh.jpg

mini-angel.jpg

Last edited:

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to nice to have the cable hanging from the front of the Tank ,sorry Tim but if you wont listen to us in the UK maybe the guys on M/R can get you to extend it ..Dont try extending it after a bottle of Vodka :zap: lol

Ye old cheeky twat lol just seen that comment, Got off my arse today
and spent 3 minutes moving it ... only took me from last june to do it:shhh:

Anyhow off to read like you do ... might just pour a voddy for me and my tank

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Guys your words are too kind - Yeh we do have some superb set-up's in the UK for the Size of our country we dont do bad.
Ive been a huge fan of American tanks for a very long time also .. and drool over RC TOTM Most months, Im a little jealous of the space you have in America for your sump systems we have very small houses in the UK compared to you on the whole.
I think Manhattan might be different as it looks like a built up city, correct me if im wrong tho.
I visited the states a few years ago and woudlnt mind a basement or two to house a Reef tank, One can dream lol.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: