Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all thought id start a tank thread of my tank.

Tank size is 60.30.24 with a 40g sump. although im upgrading to a 100g sump very soon to give my skimmer more breathing space and the added bonus of fitting an ATI Bubblemaster skimmer to the system.

An early pic of the tank

mini-tank%202.JPG

mini-2006_02150006.JPG

Some quick specs of my equipment.
Ozone 300
2 x 400w 10k Reeflux lamps with Lums
Schuran Jetskim 150 skimmer
Tmc Calcium reactor 1500 run 24/7
Various Tunze pumps and some sieos for circulation.

My live rock was dryed out in the back garden to kill off mainly xenia that had been in my previous tank .. thus ending up looking like this beacuase
i didnt jetwash it properly.

mini-10dayslater.jpg

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see i had huge problems with hair algae due to trapped phos in the dead rock, It took nearly 3 months of hard work and swearing at the tank to get it clear.

mini-2006_03180001.JPG

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some recent ish pics now at 15 months old , Really need to take some new ones as its been changed around recently thanks for looking chaps.

mini-5-2.jpg

mini-1-4.jpg

mini-2-5.jpg

mini-2006_01010031.jpg

mini-2006_01010051.jpg

mini-3-4.jpg

mini-4-5.jpg

mini-90.jpg

mini-7-3.jpg

Social D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol It kinda sounded like just wont you f off and gimme a bloody break .. you must repeat this several times a day tho and shake a net at the tank in anger and frustration it does work in the end :rolleyes:

Ta for the welcome guys!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
It kinda sounded like just wont you f off and gimme a bloody break .. you must repeat this several times a day tho and shake a net at the tank in anger and frustration it does work in the end :rolleyes:
good one, we like a bloke with a good sense of humor, and congratulations, you've really picked-up on our language!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: