rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Here is the setup(I tried to do things cheaply, but ended up spending about $300 on everything).

Peacock Mantis(approx 5")
Clear for Life acrylic 20 gl Tank{(L x W x H): 24" x 13" x 16"}
Canister filter(not sure what type)
Some LR from my existing 120gl, 40 lbs of LS, and a Titanic Ship Wreck
2 Small LED fixtures
I still have so cleaning up to do(concealing all cords/tubes, and general cleaning up, removing certain rocks, etc)

This is my first Mantis, so I hope I will learn alot as I go on. I was afraid the "shipwreck" would look cheesey, but I think it looks nice.
I love that the Mantis lives in the ship, as if it is some giant sea monster that took down the ship and now lives in it.

Enjoy

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Last edited:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Phil sorry for taking too long to get to you on this - wish I could have gotten this guy to you - was holding him for ya as a surprise.

Oh, well. Beautiful peacock and awesome boat for him to lurk in. Those damsels feeders for him? I have found they take about a week to 10 days to eat after eating the fish - also, they hate the top portion of the head, so be prepared to find that thrown the curb. :tongue1:

House

Attachments

• mantis_1.jpg
    mantis_1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 542

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
:) Cool Mantis!

We started with three blue devils in with Zohan, now we are down to one remaining. Eventually he'll get this guy too...oh well.

Good luck with your Mantis. They are super interesting! I feel your pain with trying to go "inexpensive" on a Mantis set up and am not even going to count how much we actually ended up spending, I'd rather not make myself sick haha.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: