Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
You had that clam for 2 1/2 years in a tank and there is barely any coraline on the shell? :scratchch

Yes, that is true. I've been using just 400 watt 10,000K bulbs without supplemental actinic lighting for many years. A couple of times a year, the clam shell get's scrubbed to remove the algae, mojano's and other critters that were resident on the shell. When I had the actinic lighting, there was alot more coralline on the shell. There is an MTC ProCal that I use to maintain the calcium for the 400+ gallon system.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
now i see why you don't need those frag tanks you traded me.

great setup, need to go over there some time to check them out in person.

Wingo,

LOL, I had too many frag tanks before, but this acrylic frag tank that I picked up from Aquatic Express is the best! It let's me compare the clarity between the starfire glass on the 120 gallon and the regular glass on the 270 gallon. What a difference acrylic makes and it's ultra clear. Thanks and your welcomed to stop by!

nanjing364

Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
pictures from last visit.

IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
The last remaining MOIDOL pics have finally been posted for posts 5 - 8. The fancy type was taking too long to edit with the pics. Will put in some more tank shots and some pics of Acan collection that I have at a later date. In the meantime, enjoy :tongue1:!

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Love your tank....I don't think you have enough pieces of chalice...:splitspin. I loved the clam tank...Very nice....And nice pics as always by Moidol...

Thank you. I have put a hold on collecting anymore chalices until I figure out what is eating up the edges on some of my prized chalices. I must have picked up a hitchhiker...

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Name that mummy eye

Time for some growth pics. Group shot of my mummy eye collection... All started as a one eye frag and had them for about 8 months (except for Meng's which is 2 months at that size). Three types in group shot: Oregon Mummy Eye #1 , Oregon Mummy Eye #2, Cornbred Trash Mummy Eye and Meng's Mummy Eye. Can you guess which is which?

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0273.jpg
    IMG_0273.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 239

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: