• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
these shots give a better idea of the rock work. i hid my powerhead behind the rocks. i am using the jbj 2500 lph, which is about 625 gallons per hour i think (hey i suck at math). i have the dual flow attachment on it, so one is shooting through the rocks, and one along the side of the tank :D

here is a shot of the front
corals307.jpg

and the side view
corals309.jpg

tinyreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y'know, i was already impressed with the layout and corals (over at NR) but i just realized you just set up that puppy tonight!

like jonathan said earlier, that's the fastest and most successful set up i've seen! wow! kudos!

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Jen, looks great so far!

I had a 20 k on my tank and didn't get nearly the growth I did with a 14k. Also, the 14 is just right without actinic supliments. You might think about it when you're up for a bulb change.

B

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
darn- can't see the pics from work!!! How do you like the 150w of MH above your tank? I am very tempted (when I can afford it) to upgrade my Orbit 80w PC system to the Orbit 150w MH/PC combo System (wish they made a 70w version)- I am worried about heat issues and if it will be too much light for my LPS/Softies.

Hope I can see the pics when i get home :)

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
drzl~ thats what i was thinking when i got it for $25.00 :D hints of yellow, green, some blue, and light purple. even if it is a favia, for the color, the price was great for me :D

mike~ about 35 lbs. not too sure since i did not weigh them. i know three of them comes to 30lbs since i bought them from ricky and he weighed them a while ago. then i also added a few smaller rocks to it as well.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
They almost look like green acans or something like that. I'm still really new at this but I compared that pic to a pic of an acan at vivid aquariums and they look alot alike. MAybe they are in that family closely related but much cheaper. Try looking there.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey Jennie, great loooking tank. You have almost got me motivated enough to pull my 15 Gal out of the basement. The problem i had with mine was that I couldnt get the aquascaping to look good without the rock getting too close to the sides making it impossible (or quite difficult) to clean the glass without causing a landslide.
In the end i decided to upgrade to a 36gal that i am still slowly working on. Should be full of water by christmas.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: