2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So I was Bored.. And since I couldn't keep the 75 gallon I just set up because of power outage issues. I decided to put together a 6 gallon nano tank made for FW called The Edge... I will be putting it together tomorrow morning and taking water from my 75 gallon which has already been cycled... I picked up a few things today 10lbs of live sand... A koralia Nano powerhead. Stealth Heater. digital thermometer. Filter media.. Dr. Tims just to give it a lil bacteria boost... Seachem calcium and buffer. I also picked up b-ionic 2 part alk. and for some reason I never tryed Kent Marines Microvert... HMMM anyone have info on this one??? I also picked up 2 Powerbrite links one 10000k daylight and I ordered the other one from Dr.fosters and smith full actinic blue... Along with the led lights I will run the 2 10 watt daylight bulbs.... Live rock will come from my 75 gallon...

well everyone wish me luck... I will snap picks as I put the tank together as well as my progress...

Thanks. All Comments are welcomed... Advice much appreciated...

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
i've seen those tanks...they are pretty cool looking and got potential with many mods. my lfs has some zoas, xenia, mushrooms, hermits, sexy shrimps and a couple of nano gobies in there. only thing i worry about is there isn't much ventilation area for some oxygen exchanges.
good idea with the power brite...that seems to be the right size for it.
waiting for pics.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
as the process begins...

1250954619.jpg

1250954622.jpg

1250954623.jpg

1250954626.jpg

now im just waiting for the water to clear up water temps seem to be stablized and it was already cycled via my 75 gallon... I dont wanna put too much rock because it take up alot of the water volume... im trying to pick some nice peices out of my other tank...

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
well i have noticed that heat is an issue with the 2 stock 10 watt light bulbs it comes with... however the temp hasnt passed 80 degrees... i just placed a fan on top and **** off the 2 10 watt bulbs i put a 50/50 power brite on it for the time being... just waiting for de fosters and smith to ship out my 2 other powerbrite strips one full daylight 10k and the other 420nm blue atcintic.. lets see what happens ill post some more pics in the am...

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
100 bucks petsmart.... only one left is in staten island according to the 10 i called lol... supposedly 2-3 weeks from now they will all get more...

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Lighting in the room is not so great... How about we just wait till i buy the replacement 10w leds... for the stock lights and then run a full acintic blue 420nm led for moonlights.. lol

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Whats inside the Edge so far?

Here are some shots of whats inside The Edge so far...

nano3.jpg

nano2-1.jpg

nano1.jpg

nano-1.jpg

Those are not scratches on the back glass... lol its the sunlight trying to get thru my black curtains.. :lol:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
looks nice. just a concern....how many pipefish you have in there. i don't know if you'll have enough pods for them(i think i see two but could be the reflection) in such a small tank. if they are eating frozen mysis then i want to buy one. where did you get it from?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: