nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Finally its complete, I finished the upgrade of my bedroom tank from a 46ga non R/R to a 72ga R/R setup. I want to thank Tyrell30 first of all for a great deal on the tank & stand because w/o it there would be NO Upgrade. Secondly, Tangsrule for his free sand contribution. And lastly, to everyone else that contributed advise and know-how to guide me through this endeavor. Thank you!!!

It a brown trim tank, I decided to live with it and not paint it black. I sanded the stand and painted it w/ semi gloss exterior paint, two tones to achieve some contrast. Painted the back of the tank w/ exterior semi gloss paint, nice blue background. Then I redid the overflow dorso pipe w/ new bulkhead & 1+1/4" pipe, new return bulkhead and pipe.

Equipment: Tunze 9005 Skimmer, in-sump, Nova Extreme lights w/ moons, Vortech MP20 w/ battery back-up, 300w Titanium heater, Orca Custom Sump w/ refugium, Tunze ATO, TLF Phosban Reactor. As for controlling the system I picked up the RK1 that Autoponicz was selling and now the tank is completely automated. Just need someone with experience in woodworking to assist me in fabricating a canopy for the tank. LOL...

Now the pictures, enjoy.

Attachments

• stand3.jpg
    stand3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 136
  • stand6.jpg
    stand6.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 137
  • stand2.jpg
    stand2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 135
  • stand5.jpg
    stand5.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 135
  • stand8.jpg
    stand8.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 137
  • stand4.jpg
    stand4.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 134
  • stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 134

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: