Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Several months ago my soon to be 9 yr. old son, after much persistence convinced me to set up a small tank for him. In his infinite wisdom, he insisted it be set up in my office near my other systems "so more people could see it" and so it was. The tank is a 12g. JBJ Nano Cube DX with the stock PC lighting. The only filtration is a bag of carbon mixed with Purigen and the only equipment upgrade is a Vortech MP10 and battery backup. Pretty much everything else is taken care of via small regular water changes done a few times a week---preferably by him :irked:

The original intent was to make it really simple and house only mushrooms and zoas and other super easy to keep things. That lasted about a week when he noticed all my exotic Acan and other frags languishing in a less than desirable holding system post Frag Swap. The truth is I had nowhere to put these beauties, and the small frags literally get lost in my other large systems and can't really be appreciated. So, with a little more persuasion, "his" nano now houses most of MY most expensive frags.

The truth is he does help take care of it including design and regular maintenance, and I must admit I am enjoying this tank quite a bit. So, without further ado, here is Zander's Nano extrordinaire....

nonofull2.jpg

nanofullclose.jpg

nanofullcloser.jpg

nanoyuki.jpg

stenogobiuspair.jpg

blackphotonclown.jpg

Last edited:

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The tank looks WAAAY better in person, and it looks amazing in the pictures :biggrin:

Nice Work Zander! I think he has that Tristen touch :tongueani

I think its a little ridiculous having a vortech on a 12g. Helps tie together all the tanks which are running them though to look like a complete set. =P

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
prattreef,
Great looking Nano you got!
I wish you could help me to beautify my 14 Gallon tank once I complete my move from my current apartment.
My current setup includes: two different pulsing xenia species, red, red-green & blue mushrooms; pink leather mushroom - two mouths!; frogspoan (?); plenty of orange monti frags and some GSP.
Live stock: two clown-fishes, some hermits, some stars and some good worms.
Problem: tons of hair algae everywhere, whole thing is not very eye-pleasing.
Picture: will be taken and posted here later tonight.

!GOOD JOB ON THAT THANK GUYS!<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_663244", true); </SCRIPT>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: