Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Just a preview of a nano I'm working on since some members have asked about it. :)

Apologies about the quality of the pictures. They were taken with a phone camera.

cimg0145.jpg

photo.jpg

cimg0147.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Everyone is going rimless lately. I'm leaning that way too. Are you going to mounts future frags onto the two strips on the left? Did you make that light stand yourself?

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Kris, no sump on this thing, no plumbing, no skimmer. that skimming box is the filter. it's the 11.4g Mr. Aqua tank from marinedepot.com. all my electronic equipment and controllers are hidden behind the wall on the left.

Chief, thanks buddy. finally caved in to the reef bug and as always, trying to keep it simple. i used that petco saltwater fyi :)

grknyer, those two things on the side are actually my live rocks. it was custom cut by a florida supplier no longer in business. it was from a previous project i didn't get to complete: http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...s-33g-upgrade-will-update-impulsively-12.html
and yes, i am planning to do something with it coral-wise. my gilfriend's dad made the light stand; it's hollow with one side open so that i can tuck the light power wires inside.

dubs, see above and thanks man.

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
dean, awi: thank you. i really like the clean freshwater planted tank look and that's what i'm going for. the ADA tanks didn't have the dimensions I wanted.

crixin, approximate weight of the whole thing sitting on that stand is ~120lb? i thought it was a non-factor on a table with a slate or marble (not sure) top.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Quang, the top of your stand appears to be Marble.;) Now is it real or faux marble only you can tell.;) There are faux marble, granite, slate look alike. If it is natural marble, it will show through to the other side. If not it may be a solid color on the underside.
You didn't answer my question.:tongue1: What is the light fixture's stand made of?;)

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
dacaptain, thanks. i plan on keeping easier corals--xenias, rics, shrooms, euphyllias...mostly playing around with the color combinations. right now i'm changing 2g a week.

wicked, thanks bro.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
i work downtown and everyday i pass by the WTC site. it was the inspiration behind the aquascaping. it's still very far from my final vision.

it's coming together slowly tho...

a week ago:
img_1231.jpg

xenia frags:
img_1234.jpg

bottom up shot:
img_1256.jpg

standing view, i intentionally wanted the rocks to come out of the water:
img_1274.jpg

right side view:
img_1275.jpg

left side view:
img_1298.jpg

FTS 11/2/09:
img_1304.jpg

tailspot blenny:
img_1338.jpg

thanks for looking.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
awi, a glass salt shaker. hah. i planted them all over the tank, to give the blennies a head start on burrowing.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: