Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just built this 12x12x12 inch cube today, on the spur of the moment. Had some glass and time, so why not? I even made a light hood, (yeah, it's funky, but it's all I could do in an hour). 13w screw in twisty fluorescent.
Now, what to put in? Hmmm.......

Of course, I'd like to get a nice 12" light for it, a REAL light, and a small filter. As it is now, I could put a couple of small fresh water fish in, but better lighting opens up more possibilities.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• cube 2.jpg
    cube 2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 211
  • cube 1.jpg
    cube 1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 207
  • cube 3.jpg
    cube 3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 189
  • cube 4.jpg
    cube 4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 182

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
thats really nice,

a guy on NR.com
did that and drilled the bottom and had a concelled intake that led to an ehiem canister(the kind that has clear plastic) and had macro in it with a light shining through the clear plastic.
so it could be vied on all sides.
it was super clean.
everything was concelled

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
joe said:
thats really nice,

a guy on NR.com
did that and drilled the bottom and had a concelled intake that led to an ehiem canister(the kind that has clear plastic) and had macro in it with a light shining through the clear plastic.
so it could be vied on all sides.
it was super clean.
everything was concelled

I saw that, it was really cool.

nice job on the hood, it does look funky, like a roof of a house :smokin:

stingnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
wow, everything looks cool. so when can i place a order? i need two frag tanks 24l"x24w"12t" and 2 boot-leg luminarcs reflectors.... lol

beyondnp

BeyondNP
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the look... you could throw a nice blue carpet in there and a few clownfish and make it showpiece in your living room...

If you like... set it up for me and I will gladly purchase it!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Gmandese said:
Thanks for the comments, guys, but I still would like some ideas on what to do with it! As of now, only a 13w compact fluor. screw in bulb in the hood.

Maybe a Seahorse tank?

Gmandese keep in mind whatever you decide to do with this tank (nice work btw) lighting is secondary. By adding a "small filter" you will have problems keeping water quality and large frequent water changes must be expected for maintence.

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well, that was mainly for freshies, I'm still working on details. From what I understand, this tank should hold 7.5 gallons. without rocks and stuff, of course. Also, I can get as high as a 25w bulb to screw in, too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: