emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I got a 3 gallon JBJ as a trade for a bunch of corals I always wanted one of these tanks just never got around to ordering one. They are beautiful tanks but I didn't give the stock filter a chance I tossed it and got a aquaclear 50 .The light was also taken apart as soon as I got it, I installed 2 white and 3 blue cree led's and a buck puck I was very happy with the outcome as far as looks and function.Sorry but I dint take any pics of the light fixture build it was a little bit of a pain cause its very tight in there.

Attachments

• IMG_2758.JPG
    IMG_2758.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2757.JPG
    IMG_2757.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2756.JPG
    IMG_2756.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2754.JPG
    IMG_2754.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2752.JPG
    IMG_2752.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 254
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
thats so cool. what kind of polyps are the green and yellow. are they tmnt? the tank is interesting i had a 2.5 i modded an aqua clear and a lees skimmer into the aqua clear.u need to take off the cup and cut the body, put the cup and the body together and eliminate the neck and drilled one hole for the air hose in it and bought 2 air valves the little blue ones and some suction cups and an airstone itll let u go by a week with out a water change. its cheap too. just giving u an idea. i like

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
thats so cool. what kind of polyps are the green and yellow. are they tmnt? the tank is interesting i had a 2.5 i modded an aqua clear and a lees skimmer into the aqua clear.u need to take off the cup and cut the body, put the cup and the body together and eliminate the neck and drilled one hole for the air hose in it and bought 2 air valves the little blue ones and some suction cups and an airstone itll let u go by a week with out a water change. its cheap too. just giving u an idea. i like
they are actually blue and yellow ailien eyes
you are running that little system on a aqua clear 50 wow that is crazy
I have an ac50 on a 1 gallon tank also
Really nice garden there. How often do you need to top it off?
i keep an upside down bottle of rodi water on the surface of the water and as it evaporates the water comes out of the bottle I have to fill up the bottle 2 times a week it's a wireless ato ;)

Last edited:

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
you might be able to use the impeller from the 70 on the 50 and it'll give you the same flow as the 70 cause i know people do the oposite to get less flow when they want the bigger body of the filter to use as a refugium but less movement of water if it was the body that broke just epoxy it if it was the motor just change it with the 50's motor

JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ha...the impeller got clogged (I think) on the 70, so I used the impeller from the 50 on the 70, then that got clogged...cleaned it and decided to just use the 50 for the time being...I was cleaning the 70 trying to get it back in order and it fell off my deck and cracked, haha, my luck...I may try to throw the 70 impeller on it though. thanks, looking good!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: