anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I picked up the skimmer for 100 so Idk how much I would sell it for. There is a guy in nj selling alot of stuff for 10 bucks........ and all you realy need for a good system is a hang on over flow box and then all you would need is a sump and a return pump. I would stay away from the aqua clear you will thank your self in the long run. see in order for the fuge to work you need ten times more then the tank volume. (a good firend told me that) so buying it will be a waste. also you can buy carbon reactor from 2 littel fishes they have them on here for cheep and used and then you just buy a maxi jet and run your carbon through there simple and it will be so much better in the long run.

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well Idk if i stated this but I'm getting the AC110 free.. So I'm definatly using it, maybe not as a fuge but as a filter for sure..

What guy? And selling "what" for 10bucks?

And again, i have no room for a sump, so that's out of the question forever haha..

Btw the way the pendant is made, the heat goes up these littles holes in the top, and heat is never given out the bottom, i even kept my hand under it for 10minutes straight literaly lol!

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
that is awsom that you can keep your hand there and you dont get burnt. that is going to be hard with no sump but I guess you can get a hang on sump and then have it run like that, since you have no room for a sump. also when the tank cycles it self out then go buy some more live rock. Take a look into the hang on sumps cause to be honest with you the cheto in the filter is not going to do much but a good start. I think the hang on sump is the best choice and considering the tank is long you could get away with a killer hang on sump. I dont know if customking does these but look him up.

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well I really don't have to much money to put into this.. Actually now that Xmas is comming I'm gonna have nothing, after the CUC I need to buy gifts, so it won't be till after Xmas that I really add any livestock I think =(

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I would wait to add live stock but rember this thread cause I can bet in a couple of month you will be like wow look at this thread and be like wow look at what I started off with and look what I have now. Just wait you can find realy good deals on this site and you have a realy good ligt on the tank so it is a matter of time just make sure you run alot of carbon if you add a fish into the tank.

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Call me an idiot but by running carbon what EXACTLY do you mean? The AQ110 uses carbon right? Is that what you're trying to say? I'm so newb on the whole "carbon" thing..

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
get a hob skimmer. i have an octopus bh 100f and its great. i am also running a 40g breeder. sump was also not an option for me but its doable.

JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
stay away from that skimmer, look for an octopus, as stated above they make a great product, or a aqua c remora for a skimmer if you are limited to hang on back. As far as running a hang on back filter, like a ac110 if you are gonna run the regular filter in it, get rid of the block foam filter that sits on top of the carbon, it is just gonna hold detritus and build nitrates into your system. a skimmer would absolutely be at the top of the list weather you want to go fish only, or reef.

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm so mad bc I'm SO frigen tight on money that idk if i'm gonna be able to get this haha, he's used it for 10 months.. Are you sure it's not overkill on my tank though?

JonG101

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
just remember you are going to need to supplement cal/alk as well which is another expense. If you are only keeping ricordeas they do not make a skeleton like lps or sps, and water changes should be fine. If you begin to get heavier on the lps i.e. hammers , torch, acan corals... you will need to look into a two part, or kalk. This is what took me a while to figure out. Good growth comes with good stability. so do some reading on what corals you are looking too keep, and what there needs are. there are tons of resources on this sight, you can do a search and usually come up with most of the information you need. Im excited to see how your tank comes along. Nice aquascaping by the way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: