btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
okay well hit up tropical aquariums today... they now sell ora frags.
picked up;
red planet
aussie delicate
hawkins blue enchinata
frogskin
and two different chalice pieces i am going to try to identify. i think one is 'hurricane'
or 'mummy eye' and the other i have no idea.... post up pics tomorrow during the daylights.

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
DSCN1310.jpg

DSCN1311.jpg

DSCN1312.jpg

DSCN1313.jpg

DSCN1314.jpg

DSCN1316.jpg

DSCN1321.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

DSCN1324.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1327.jpg

DSCN1330.jpg

DSCN1332.jpg

DSCN1339.jpg

DSCN1340.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

DSCN1343.jpg

DSCN1346.jpg

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
I, (the wife) am on SWF all the time. The new update is hard to deal with but it's better than the last vBulletin. I do not come on here, actually only signed on now because my husband said someone from SWF commented.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
thats cool that u guys work together on the hobby....most wives arent cool with the reefing obsession...congrats to both of u!

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
thats cool that u guys work together on the hobby....most wives arent cool with the reefing obsession...congrats to both of u!

he does all the hard labor, (because i'm a wuss and will not stick my hand in the tank for any length of time) but i have to do all the research, lol
and to think, all i wanted was a fresh water planted tank, man they look so boring to me now....
i'm far more active on saltwaterfish.com's forum than either of us are here.

ReeferGirl

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he does all the hard labor, (because i'm a wuss and will not stick my hand in the tank for any length of time) but i have to do all the research, lol
and to think, all i wanted was a fresh water planted tank, man they look so boring to me now....
i'm far more active on saltwaterfish.com's forum than either of us are here.

I am more active of swf.com also. I am JAXfishgirl on swf. I liked the last update better than this one. its irritating :irked:

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Well, I'm also on SWF more now that I'm a moderator over there.
Anyways, I realized he never posted a FTS, so here ya go, and a full tank shot of the 14G as well.

Attachments

• fts.jpg
    fts.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 205
  • fts14g.jpg
    fts14g.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 212

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Wow! My husband really doesn't stay on top of this thread.

At the time that picture was taken we were running 250 watt Single Ended XM 10K bulbs off of Ice Cap Ballasts in Reef Optix Pendents with T5 Wave Point 420 nm actinics and Wave Point Blue Wave running on basic GLO ballasts. The XM's were way too yellow without the T5's so we needed something.

They ran very, very hot, so we retrofitted a Coralife Aqualight Pro. We replaced two of the 150 watt coralife stock ballasts with the Icecaps and now run a 72" set up with one 150 watt 14K Phoenix on a coralife stock ballast (I think) and 2 250 watt 14K Phoenix on the Ice caps. This set up works really nicely. Gives us the fan from the stock lighting. Double ended run less hot and we have the option of 150 watt or 250 watt all in the same tank, which comes in handy for coral placement and coral acclimation.

The stocklist has changed a lot as well.
The stocklist as of now (and this will change a lot once we upgrade to the 180):
2 Ocellaris Clownfish - mated pair (they breed like rabbits)
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
1 Flame Angelfish
1 Black Combtooth Blenny
1 Tail Spot Blenny
1 Sleeper Banded Bullet Goby (aka Dragon Goby)
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby
3 PJ Cardinals
1 Copperband Butterfly
1 Blonde Naso Tang
1 Purple Tang
1 Purple Psuedochromis
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Cleaner Wrasse
3 Maldives Lyretail Anthias

In the 20G Refugium that is attached to this tank we have:
1 Male McCoskers Wrasse (want 3 females so I can do a small harem of them in the 180 and get rid of the anthias)
1 Blue Spotted Jawfish (Blue Jeweled Jawfish)
1 Yasha Goby w/ Randalli Pistol Shrimp
1 Purple Rock Urchin

Last edited:

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
ya she is right lol. so i will update this thread now.....
okay this last week i had purchased a diy led fixture from camanuch. i was about to order all the parts i needed for a single fixture to but, i got a great deal from him and its everything i wanted all done already ... fixtures/controllers/fans/heatsinks all done very clean and simple.

once i get the complete spec list from him i will post it up.... but here it is as of now:
MAY 2011
1000x500px-LL-338a142e_DSCN1527.JPG

1000x500px-LL-c483001a_DSCN1524.JPG

1000x500px-LL-ec3e5619_DSCN1529.JPG

1000x500px-LL-78f347bf_DSCN1530.JPG

1000x500px-LL-519793f7_leds.jpg

btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
thanks... so do we lol. to bad in a few weeks we will be setting up a 180g rr so all of this will be coming apart.

***GOOD AMOUNT OF GROWTH FOR ONLY 9 DAYS****
all sps has grown/started to encrust
all lps has stayed the same....colors look amazing under the royal blues.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: