Rating - 100%
87   0   0
yea 20x20x20

seems like the top is working, just watched the jawfish take a jump... not sure what he is doing lol..he made dens EVERYWHERE...must have been last night. seriously like 5 more dens. hes crazy

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
cool pic

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 162
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Some updates,

I lost the Blue spot Jawfish. He got out through my 1/4" mesh. Sticking to glass top next time i get one if i do.

I added a Tunze 9002, this is day two and its already got some nice slime green skimmate!

i also made a Fuge Media basket for the back chamber. here are some pictures of it and the construction. I got a stock nano wave 9 fuge basket, measured and cut it to fit in the middle chamber. then created some shelves for it with the egggrate and added a pair of dual submersible lights.

some tank pictures to follow

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpg
    IMG_2572.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2573.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2583.jpg
    IMG_2583.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 261
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I just got a new camera, its a sony cybershot. Not really sure how to use it but here are some pictures i took today. I'm not really sure if i even like the Aqua-mag rock on the back wall. Its starting to have specs of coraline on it so im trying to see how i like it when it gets some nice coraline on it.

Attachments

• DSC01419.jpg
    DSC01419.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC01429.jpg
    DSC01429.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC01424.jpg
    DSC01424.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC01421.jpg
    DSC01421.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 264
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Hey, Thanks!

I lost the peppermint. Strange, because my other shrimp is doing great along with my snails,stars,and hermits. They all seem healthy and very active. He was in the corner for a few days hiding in my sea grass....He wouldn't come out to eat for a few days and looked really bleached for a while. i tried to spot feed but he wasn't interested. not sure what happened. I think it started a few days after i introduced the blood shrimp. i was seeing the peppermint less and less. he was evicted from his home and i think that may be the root of his death. possibly stressed out.

The tang! wow, i have tried a trap for the past month. i haven't had any luck. the fish seems like he is ok in the tank. he grazes all day and doesn't go up and down or seem uncomfortable. i agree he needs to go but i have to admit it is sad to watch him go crazy when i come near let alone when i put the trap in. i have a very large trap and have tried smaller ones. i left it in for a day and he wont go near it and literally will hide and or jolt around like crazy..he once wedged himself inside a rock for over a day.
The fish has damaged himself like 3 times,scratched his eye and fins and i even seen him bleeding once.. he goes nuts when i come near the tank...when i feed i have to step back quick and have the room dark otherwise he freaks out..

i have been trying to get him to get use to me. trying to always approach the tank very slow, less cleaning..and i do not put my hands in at all..i think maybe once he gets more comfortable ill be able to scoop him? probably not...

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
3-29-10

Added around 5-10 lbs of tonga branch rock. Wasn't cheap but i didn't want to pass it up. My girlfriend did all of the scaping with it. i love it.

I love the way the tank looks now.
Heres a quick shot, Tomorrow i will post some pictures with my new underwater camera.

Finally mounted 2 powerbrites, 1 on each side of the legs of my Nova Extreme pro. I extended the linking cable by adding more wire. I happend to find the exact wire the link uses and soldered and heat shrinked in 20 inches. Love the shimmer.

I also went to Manhattan aquariums for the first time and grabbed a pair of grade c snowflakes...i couldn't pass them up. obviously that makes 4 clown fish in my solana -

impulse buy? I think so. So far everyone is cool except for one of my original naked clown fish which is the bully. I have another tank cycling, its in week 2 so ill be transferring 1 of the pairs in 2 weeks. Really didn't want to pass up on the deal but the more i think about it im sure this deal would have popped up again.

Lemmie know what you think!

Attachments

• tank 2-29.jpg
    tank 2-29.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 228
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
April 4th 2010 - Moved some stuff around and decided i would take a few pictures with my iphone. some stuff is a little pissed from the move. Anyways, I used an iphone 3gs and the shots actually came out pretty good.

[i have to get rid of that aiptasia in the picture just havent had a chance to kill him]

Battling a massive diatom bloom from adding like 10 lbs of tonga branch.

Attachments

• IMG_4017.jpg
    IMG_4017.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4023.jpg
    IMG_4023.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4025.jpg
    IMG_4025.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_4030.jpg
    IMG_4030.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 219

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: